Quantcast

Mt Snow DH photos

dromond

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Northampton, MA
It was a beautiful day, but roasting! All in all the conditions were great for people to go balls-out fast. I headed up to check out the semi-pro and pro DH.

(x-post from another forum)

Umass's own Jamie Ford, off to win men's semi pro.

I saw this guy coming in all crooked and had about .036 seconds to get the F out of the way. The guys head hit the tree I was leaning on going god know's how fast. Everyone sort of gasped wondering if he was dead or what, but the guy just gets right up and finishes his run. Helmets are a good thing!!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
dromond, are you sure that first pic is ford? he normally rocks his Umass jersey, and if i recall correctly he's skinnier.

some awesome pics though :thumb:

dromond

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Northampton, MA
jonKranked said:
dromond, are you sure that first pic is ford? he normally rocks his Umass jersey, and if i recall correctly he's skinnier.

some awesome pics though :thumb:
I was a little confused myself, but I'm pretty sure that's him.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
A flash is like 1/10 000 of a second i think. It helps to freeze the rider and light everything up, ya. Panning does alot to "freeze" the rider as well as destroying the background to I don't get a ton of people in the shot. Helps to separate the rider from the BG.

I had 2 or 3 flashes going for most of the time i was there. Both on relatively low power. One on face/chest to light that up, and then a second one shooting wide angle to fill in the frame and rear wheel/back of the rider.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
My interpretations of the above photos (b/c I know you want 'em :devil:)
Minnarr is getting his kit more Japanamized than ever...booohhh.
Herndon is wearing his armor.
Hill is too fast for the camera.
Anka looks bored.
Wentz is using max travel on the DH40
rider #26 saw you and popped air for the camera (styley!)

OH! And there is a sniper in the bushes behind Pruitt about to blow Fraser's head off!!!

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
any snaps of Whitsell rocking the ninja line in the lower woods? skinsuit & bullet head...booyah! Remember 1998?

-ska todd

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Yep, Whitsell is out of "retirement"! He threw down considering it was only his 2nd race and 4th time on a DH bike in 4 yrs! (Codding had a great race coming back from retirement too.) Jesse rocked a vintage 96 Toby Henderson skinsuit and an old D2. He had a sick straight shot line thru the lower rock section. Dunno if it was any faster but it certain looked good!

-ska todd

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I met him at Plattekill on one of the old Iron Horse/Profile DH bikes with a long screwdriver zip tied to his "floating brake arm". Herndon had said the kid lived off sugary sweets and sure enough. He was standing in line with a lollipop in his mouth. Never saw him again after that day. That was like 2000-2001 sometime?

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Ha! yep, that was the 1st P'kill race in '01. The frames showed up like the night before the race and then we found out in our first runs that the floater arms were waaaaayyy too lightweight. We zip-tied some screw drivers to them to get by for the weekend.

Whits used to live on candy & Mtn Dew. Guy is blazingly fast though both on a bike and behind the wheel. I drove down to Snowshoe with him in 02 and it was like a WRC tarmac rally the whole way up and over the mtns from VA into WV. Drifting a GTI w/ mini trailer thru switchback. Dopeness!

-ska todd

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
not only did whiitsell have the dope speed suit but the gnarly no footed nose wheelie through the finish line to match it.

ViciousDHer

eBay vigilante
Oct 30, 2003
SuspectDevice said:
Yippee. The dude who ate bark is Josh Miscevics from the 9.8/ Sinister team. OUCH
Nope, Josh Miscevics races for Cannondale/Bear Naked and thats not His pic. Looks like Josh Clark to Me, Tho

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Transcend said:
A flash is like 1/10 000 of a second i think. It helps to freeze the rider and light everything up, ya. Panning does alot to "freeze" the rider as well as destroying the background to I don't get a ton of people in the shot. Helps to separate the rider from the BG.
"People and signage" TFS

At least according to "The Factory Specator" himself is the way to sell the sport. Or were you trying to hide the lack of spectators?

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
damn, those riders look small on their bikes, no wonder they control em so easily..it sucks being 5'6"

ViciousDHer

eBay vigilante
Oct 30, 2003
Transcend said:
Misevicxs was the last rider down the course before qualis. He wrecked ridiculously hard and was wheezing and such when he left.
Nope, Had to check this before posting, in case He didn't tell Us when He was at the car. Josh Miscevics was not riding just prior to qualifying. He had a mechanical and was busy securing another ride. He rode a borrowed bike in qualifying that He'd never been on before. Result two flats :mumble: