Quantcast

Mt Spokane - 10/15

Uruk-hai

Monkey
Oct 13, 2004
The 'Quah
Can any of you Spokane monkeys tell me if the road to the top of Mt Spokane is still open, or will be open this weekend? Or will it be an "earn your turns" weekend?

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Uruk-hai said:
Can any of you Spokane monkeys tell me if the road to the top of Mt Spokane is still open, or will be open this weekend? Or will it be an "earn your turns" weekend?

should be, we haven't even gotten a dusting of snow yet. It was open this weekend. When in doubt, the number in the phone book is the ranger station, you can call and ask. The weather is looking kind of iffy tho.

geargrrl

Uruk-hai

Monkey
Oct 13, 2004
The 'Quah
Yes, indeed, the gate was closed on Saturday, so we semi-shuttled up from the xc parking lot. Yesterday we rode up the backside from the Kit Carson trailhead and on the last stretch of pavement there was a suspsicious number of autos. At the top we asked if the gate was open and evidently they unlocked it for some reason Sunday.

Uruk-hai

Monkey
Oct 13, 2004
The 'Quah
Ok, here's the new hearsay on the Mt Spokane...

Evidently someone from Spoke-N-Sport successfully lobbied the rangers on Saturday to re-open the gate to the top until Novemeber 1 or until there is too much snow on the road to make it unsafe to travel.

Check it out to confirm, but that's what I hear.