Quantcast

Mt Spokane to Spirit Lake

Uruk-hai

Monkey
Oct 13, 2004
The 'Quah
Does anyone have any info for a trail from Mt Spokane to Spirit Lake via "Brickel Creek" or something like that? A bunch of friends are thinking of doing this ride in October and I was just looking for more info.

Is there more than one trail option from Mt Spokane to Spirit Lake?

Thanks for the input.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Sorry i don't know, but if you don't get help here, you may get some assistance on MTBR Washington Forum. Way more knowledge of XC trails there. If it's on Forest Service land you should be able to contact that local ranger station and they usually have fatty pamphlet maps you can order online for about 8 to 10 bucks a pop.

That way you can check if it's a poach too.

Uruk-hai

Monkey
Oct 13, 2004
The 'Quah
Thanks, I'll do that. I do know there are some Spokanite monkeys that post on here though and this forum is usually more active than the MTBR-Washington one.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
I am thinking that part of that ride is Inland Empire Paper land, and at one point in time they were charging a day use fee to cross it.
(IIRC?)

http://www.iepco.com site is worthless for any related info...

My hubby has done the ride, says it's pretty easy for the most part. It's been a few years, one section was fairly washed out.

Dan is the man for Mt. Spokane that is for sure.

Uruk-hai

Monkey
Oct 13, 2004
The 'Quah
I have heard that too. Thanks for the intel. I ride Mt Spokane a couple of times a year, climbing up the back side to the top and then descending down to the Kit Carson trailhead on the singletrack. Great trail! But I am less familiar with the trails and options from the xc hut area of Mt Spokane, which I am assuming is where this particular trail would begin (or thereabouts).

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
I think there is a way to start from the condos, too.

Regarding Kit Carson trail: a massive reroute is in the works. The local IMBA rep has been working with Steve (park manager) on the new route. It's been flagged and $$ is set aside to bring a crew in for clearing and hacking it in, FTTRC may do the finish work.

cm16white

Monkey
Apr 16, 2006
shoreline
speaking of mt spokane a few of us were thinking of coming over and checking it out. i heard there are some shuttlable trails.any idea where i can get some more info
sorry for the thread jack

ftlrider

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Spokane
speaking of mt spokane a few of us were thinking of coming over and checking it out. i heard there are some shuttlable trails.any idea where i can get some more info
sorry for the thread jack
You can shuttle by taking the road all the way to the top of the mountain. From the top take Trail 135 and then trail 110 the rest of the way down. The trail ends just a little ways above Kirk's Lodge.

Here's a map of the trails.