Quantcast

Mt. Willson Sunday Oct. 2nd 8am

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
fiddy_ryder said:
yup mos def a good ride,, had blast and it was cool to meet the other monkeys. a bit rough on the hardtail but i made it out, one more reason to go out and add a full squisher to the stable :D
What route did you all take? Did you hit the singletrack at the top or the fireroad? Did you hit El Prieto at the end, or the horse trails?

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Ciaran said:
What route did you all take? Did you hit the singletrack at the top or the fireroad? Did you hit El Prieto at the end, or the horse trails?
Singletrack, horse trail.
It was awesome, everybody that came out was really cool. We're planning to do it again next weekend, I vote for Sunday 8am just like today.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
A great ride aside from a few mishaps:

bfranke clipped a pedal and slid
Argonzero clipped the bars and got dusty
fiddy_ryder endo'd on a stepdown (a fluke, he hit all the others)
Nargaredama slid out on a rockline, opened up a cut on his hand

Okay, here are the pics. They're not quite as nice as I'd like but they'll do for a run-and-gun kinda day. I can't remember all the names so I'll identify by bike and edit it later.

8 monkeys at the top (plus me behind the camera)

Our first crash a few minutes into the ride. *bfranke* clipped a pedal and slid a few feet while his bike slid to the bottom.

*Straight 8* right after hitting the side line

*Foes* rocks the drop

*bruno* rocks the drop. This was actually a one-hander but my itchy trigger finger snapped too early.

*Stinky* plows

*Nargaredama* plows

*fiddy_ryder* plows

*Argonzero* plows

*bfranke* hits the gnarly section below Sunset

*bruno* does the same

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
fiddy_ryder said:
great pics.. pics of bfranke and bruno towards the top of that rock face woulda been sick!
Ya I know. I had never seen anyone do that line so I wanted to stay completely out of the way in case they had to bail out. Next time I'll just stand where you guys did and zoom in.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
riding again on sunday? who knows i might be back out as long as I get everything worked out with bfranke and my shoulder isnt still killin me.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
I could be down for a Sun run if my plans fall thru. I can shuttle 4-5 bikes/riders.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I'm out... bummer, but I will be recovering from getting extremely drunk the night before. :sneaky:

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
Hey, if any of you guys are having bike trouble before a ride on a sunday, bring your bike by where i work, Sport Chalet in La Canada. Im a mechanic and i always work sundays from 9:30 to 5. I can probably help get you back on the road for next to nothing, just come in, ask for the bike shop, and tell me your with ridemonkey. I can give some good deals on labor.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Grizzle said:
Hey, if any of you guys are having bike trouble before a ride on a sunday, bring your bike by where i work, Sport Chalet in La Canada. Im a mechanic and i always work sundays from 9:30 to 5. I can probably help get you back on the road for next to nothing, just come in, ask for the bike shop, and tell me your with ridemonkey. I can give some good deals on labor.
Awesome Grizzle :thumb:

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
lots o rocks.. its bumpy but i made out ok.. the drops are fine as long as you dont nose right into the soft stuff :D

dont think ill be making it out.. i have a feeling the rear hub is gonna take a sh1t soon and my shoulders still hurts. gonna jumo tomo and see how the sled handles and test the shoulder

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
fiddy_ryder - if you're hurting then don't push it, you might be out twice as long. Hope to see you out there next time. Nargaredama might be at the whoops tomorrow around 1ish if you want to do some runs top to bottom. As far as a 26" rear, ask Nargaredama about the SingleTrack sitting in my garage...

mtnbrider - the drops are all under 3 feet, most under 2. I personally wouldn't ride it on a hardtail but its up to you.

redical - Glad you're making it out! It'll be a Wilson reunion (except without nargaredama and marlopez)

ciaran - :nopity: my first day ever riding Mammoth was after one of my worst nights of drinking ever. Just sit your ass down and point the Super T at the bottom :thumb:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Bachelor party is tonight out in Chino. My friends who are throwing it will be doing their worst on me. I'll be shuttling it later in the day I hope. :help:

Mtnbrider, don't sweat Wilson on a HT. You've done tunnel on a HT, you'll do fine. :thumb:

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
i saw the add posted my nag, already dropped a PM before you posted :thumbup: these wtb rims are junk, hell the front was just built up and its already out of true. and i know it wasnt the build. Iive decided to just chill, gonna try and hit the whoops today, but at least tomorrow for a few hours.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
oh cool , good job with magazine add. Is it in decline?

I really want to go ride it, I just need to figure out when my parents are going down.