Quantcast

Mtb Az?

monopod

Chimp
Feb 19, 2008
truckee
im moving to flagstaff and pine top from lake tahoe, but ive never been to AZ. hows the DH and FR? hows the DH race scene? is AZ any good for livin in?

thax:cheers:

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Good one pedalkicker. . . . :o)

Going through my first summer now. . . .so far, not so bad. Been making weekend trips to Prescott to enjoy the cooler weather and explore all that AZ has to offer.

Been to Flagstaff for some riding as well and that seems to be the hot spot for riding during the summer months. Cooler with probably the moist-est trails available.

As for racing, we were looking at some good DH events at Sunrise Ski Resort, but the resort decided to not open their chairlift for the summer. Otherwise, you will need to travel to Colorado and Utah for the closest DH events. And also the annual Angel Fire race in NM, can't miss that one!!!!

pedalkicker

Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
earth
WHAT? Sunrise isn't running the lift? !#@$@$ just when I get my big bike fixed, I was looking forward to getting up there a couple o' times this summer.

AzToJrse

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
SOUTH JERSEY
if your in flagstaff you are in the right spot for some good dh'in. if you meet the right people and find the right trails, there is nothing better. and yeah, its a shame about sunrise, there were some dedicated people up there ready to blow that place wide open, but the tribe wasnt havin it. dont forget bootleg canyon for some racin!

v6 4.3

Monkey
Jan 22, 2005
yeah, they did a race at sunrise once a long time ago, then one last summer- and i guess not untill a long time agian. who knows. regardless, sunrise has the lifts open just to hit the slopes like its winter. But I guess someone says otherwise. the lifts might be open to cruise tho, he could be wrong.

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
Bike Magazine just had an article about guys who went out to ride trails in AZ and rank them.

pedalkicker

Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
earth
All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy ...
All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy ... All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy ...
All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy ... All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy ...
All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy ... All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy ... vAll work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy ... All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy ... All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy ... All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy ... All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy ... All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy ... All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy ... All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy ...

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Flag has some awesome DH/FR stuff...ask the locals.

Just watch out for this guy...he's pro.