Quantcast

MTB BB for Wombolts?

swerve76

Monkey
Aug 30, 2003
nevada
Deity's are good. I've had the same pair for 2 years on 2 different bikes with no real problems. Although they can be pricey compared to other cranksets.

standard125r

Chimp
Dec 7, 2006
22mm axle in a euro bb is about the worst combination possible, i know riders that have gone through 2 sets! in a month!!

the primo euro bb kit will work with wombolts but dont expect it to last very long,

euro bb? profiles everytime.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
profiles are not way to exspensive.i got mine with a euro bb on ebay for about 150. look into getting some other bmx cranks and then just get the bb.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
The euro cups with 22mm ID are really thin, but if you set up your cranks properly w/o putting sideload on the bearings they'll be fine. Any amount of sideways proload will toast those bearings quick.

If you're willing to do a little legwork, 22mm ID bearings for a spanish BB will press right into Raceface outboard BB cups. Wombolts with outboard cups would be pretty different.

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
The euro cups with 22mm ID are really thin, but if you set up your cranks properly w/o putting sideload on the bearings they'll be fine. Any amount of sideways proload will toast those bearings quick.

If you're willing to do a little legwork, 22mm ID bearings for a spanish BB will press right into Raceface outboard BB cups. Wombolts with outboard cups would be pretty different.
Do they make wombolts for differing shell widths? With external cups on a MTB it seems like you are getting quite a bit wider then the original bmx shell they were designed for.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
yeah, I'd agree with CKxx, fixed spindle on fly's or wombolts won't work with wider shells without hanging off the edge too much. Tried this with some Fly euro-spanish conversion cups and ended up going with the Demolition Medials... which I would highly recommend, even over profiles, since you can score a set of the Medial LT with a ti spindle for cheaper than deity or profile and they end up being lighter than fly or wombolt. Check'em out. ;)