Quantcast

mtb for a bmx guy

clint4130

Chimp
Oct 2, 2005
georgia
Ive been riding bmx for the past 6 years and I don't plan on quitting anytime soon. I plan on getting a mountain bike, through the shop I work at and another hook up I've narrowed my list down to a kona cowen, cannondale chase 1, rocky mountain flow, or one of the new haro zero eights. These are the only companies I will buy from since they are the only ones I can get a deal on, there is no way I can afford full price and this is going to be a secondary bike to the 20". I plan on using it for dirt jumping, a little urban stuff, and possible some 4x. Let me know what you guys think of these and which one would be the best buy.

p.s. any complaints about e-13 chain guides?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The Kona and the Cannondale both sound like good options, but I don't know too much about the Rocky Mountain or the Haro. I would tend to steer clear of Haro just based upon reputation for resale if you don't like mountain biking.

face

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
northern utah
rocky mountain makes the best bikes man. are you going to get a new 2006 model or a closeout bike. i think it just cheaper to employee the rocky right now than to buy off the closeout. the rocky rocks!!

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
The Cowen is Sick, Altough I haven't spent much time on one, I think it fits what you are looking for. The bottom Braket is a bit high, and will take some getting used to. I wouldn't go with Haro. Altough their new single speed hardtail looks sick, I just don't know enough about them to tell you to get one. The Chase is probably the best of the 3, but not so much better that I'd be willing to pay more for it over the cowen. If those two are the same price, get the chase, if the cowen is cheaper, get it. The E-13 chainguide rocks, especially the urban version.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
cowan bike is cool. I ride a kona roast, their dj bike from 2004 that was replaced by the cowan, and i like mine alot. And like scurban said, the e-13 chainguide kicks ass, I ran mine until i switched to a single speed. Now that i'm singlespeed i took off the guides but kept the bashguard on. it works really well.