Quantcast

MTB Freestyle Sessions Return to Woodward West

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Stallion Springs, CA — Due to popular demand, Woodward West is hosting Mountain Biking Freestyle Sessions for the second year in a row. Mountain bikers of all skill levels ride and train with visiting pros on all of Woodward’s training facilities, including cutting edge dirt jumps, ramps, foam pits, and skate parks.

“This year’s MTB Freestyle Camp is bigger and better,” Woodward West Action Sports Marketing Director Neal Hendrix said. “Mountain bike campers will love the new mountain bike course, customized for free riders featuring ladder drops, wall rides, and enormous jumps.”

Some of the visiting pros include Carter Holland, Kyle Strait, Emily Johnston, Eric Carter, Garreth Dyer, Hannah Steffens, Brian Lopes, Nate Adams, Darren Berrecloth, Robbie Borden, Marla Streb, Chris Duncan, Camron McCaul, Taylor Sage, Hacksaw Severt, and Cameron Zink. The pros are just as excited about the MTB Freestyle Sessions as the campers because it’s an opportunity to meet other riders and industry folks to train at Woodward, learn new tricks, and learn about the latest trends in mountain biking.

“Every time I go to Woodward, I learn something new. You get to ride all the facilities with friends and challenge each other to perform at higher and higher levels,” Professional Mountain Bike Rider Kyle Strait said. “At Woodward, riders can take the time to learn new tricks on all the jumps and facilities. Training together increases the number of top level riders, which brings more positive work to everything we do.”

During the MTB Freestyle Sessions, mountain bike campers have a unique opportunity to ride and learn in a hands-on safe environment on the best equipment. MTB industry companies also will be at camp to capture the pulse of the sport, find out from riders how to improve the sport, and identify what riders need in products, equipment, and facilities. According to pro MTB rider Carter Holland, who was one of last year’s camp directors, Woodward’s MTB Freestyle Sessions are an opportunity for pros to promote the sport and give something back to the industry.

“We (pros) get to show riders all the different things you can do on a mountain bike. At the end of the week you see the kids progress, doing tricks they didn’t think they could do on mountain bike,” Holland said. “Woodward provides all of the training facilities, such as skate parks, foam pits, dirt jumps, and ramps, in one location. At Woodward there are other riders at your level trying new things and cheering you on and everyone needs that kind of guidance.”

The Woodward West MTB Freestyle Sessions will be June 11 to 17 and June 18 to 24. For more information about Woodward West or to apply online for Woodward West’s MTB Freestyle Sessions, visit
www.woodwardwest.com or call 661.822.7900.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
Not just a freestyle camp. Downhill race type trails. Fun to ride for pretty much everybody. Trails courtesy of Eric Carter. Just needs more riders on them.

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
BC VAN said:
Not just a freestyle camp. Downhill race type trails. Fun to ride for pretty much everybody. Trails courtesy of Eric Carter. Just needs more riders on them.
How big is it? I'm sure I could find it on the site, but I'm just curious....

Seems really cool.