Quantcast

MTB shock fork will fit on any curiser BMX 24'??

XBGM3R

Chimp
Sep 2, 2006
SacHOOD
Hi everyone, I'm newbie to the ride monkey forums. I am deaf as actual person. anyway, I drool to join this. Because this is so attactive me and make me really intereting you guys are evil genuis to build curiser 24 bmx or something Superbmx 24" with MTB shock fork style that what I like! ... I really love all your beautiful curiser 24" BMX pictures you posted somewhere in this forums..

I really wanted to build my bicycle in events for keep real..

I ask you questions, I wondering if any MTB SHOCK fork will fit on the frame HARO SX 24" / or Pro Redline 24"??

thank in advance.. :0)

D3R3K

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I'd say the best suspension fork for a cruiser is probably an 80mm Manitou Sherman jumper. They dont make them anymore, but you should be able to find a used one around. They are some of the shortest axel to crown forks out there, so they wont mess up your geometry quite as much as a Marzocchi or something. But, whatever fork you put on there will change your geometry a good bit, so be ready for that. Old Rock Shock Psylo's turned down to 80mm and 80mm Manitou Stance's should work okay too.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
If you do end up with a Marzocchi fork, it isn't too hard to reduce the travel by taking the thing appart, which can result in a nice short fork too. Look for pictures of 'Nemesis Project' forks in here (there are quite a few now) to see what I mean.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I do know of one person who put a 26" Marzocchi Dirtjumper on a P. Street, a 24" wheeled bike.

He wanted a slightly different head angle, and it worked fine for him.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Sanjuro, that doesn't matter. The P. Street was designed around the DJ Street, which is actually longer than most 80mm forks.

XBGM3R, I would put on a really low (like 2" travel) fork so it doesn't screw your geo. Look into a Manitou Sherman Flick lowered or a Nemesis Project tuned Marzocchi Z1. I think a really really low Nemesis Z1 would be your best bet.

When Nemesis tunes a fork not only is the travel reduced, but the damping performance is also increased. Check it: www.nemesisproject.com.

XBGM3R

Chimp
Sep 2, 2006
SacHOOD
Everyone, Thanks for input! I am still learning about this.. smile..

How about Rock Shox J3 Fork New In Box 06 Silver 80mm RockShox???

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
A Manitou gold label jumper. They are built roughly the same size as a sherman jumper, don't look as hot unfortunately (I really liked the gold on black), and they don't have adjustable travel. Not to discourage you, they're still a beastly fork, like a sherman jumper w/o the adjustability. They come preset in 80 mm or 100 mm.

XBGM3R

Chimp
Sep 2, 2006
SacHOOD
This is my actual HARO CRUISER 24" :

That's what exact I want just riding this for recreational riding (having fun). However I would like to add shock fork on this lovely HARO CRUISER 24" more look Bad@$$ .. Ha Ha ha.. Plus will customize and modify parts of this bike in events when my money is perimission..

I posted here a while ago looking for opinions on a dirt jump fork for me.

I did look Marzocchi forks, wow it is so expersive $$$$$. My budget is tight.. I will look another forks which I can afford..

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
A Manitou gold label jumper. They are built roughly the same size as a sherman jumper, don't look as hot unfortunately (I really liked the gold on black), and they don't have adjustable travel. Not to discourage you, they're still a beastly fork, like a sherman jumper w/o the adjustability. They come preset in 80 mm or 100 mm.
yo, i think none of the shermans had adjustable travel, and to go with what others have said, sherman jumper is the way to go, and you might be able to lower it to two inches

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
It will be fine, I've ran a K2 Smart fork on my Haro x24 for quite a while on and off. Just find as short a fork as possible and try it. You might want to try something cheap first and then switch to a better fork if you are sure you like how it rides or you break the cheap fork. Like everyone is saying get a fork with 80mm travel or less, and make sure it is NOT the pstreet fork.:clue:

XBGM3R

Chimp
Sep 2, 2006
SacHOOD
I am just wondering if The Shock fork comes with 100mm of travel so that can work for BMX 24inch???? Or must use the 80 mm shock forks for BMX 24"!?

Derek

A.P

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
boston
run a manitou jumper or gold label at 60mm or less. They are easy to lower.

The nemesis project forks are tall. they are still an inch taller then a mantiou at the same travel.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
The nemesis project forks are tall. they are still an inch taller then a mantiou at the same travel.
Um I dont think you have your facts straight .... Mr. Tiltmode

Nemesis Project Z-1 fork at 65mm has a axle to crown of 440mm

You might want to re-measure your manitou .... I don't think it has a axle to crown of 414.0mm at 65mm :bonk:

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
I am just wondering if The Shock fork comes with 100mm of travel so that can work for BMX 24inch???? Or must use the 80 mm shock forks for BMX 24"!?

Derek
You CAN use whatever fork you want. The taller the fork you choose the more it will change how your bike handles. A tall fork will raise the front end and make the steering feel floppy. Personally I wouldn't run anything taller than an 80mm fork. A 65mm would be even better. But this all comes down to personal taste and you might like how a 100mm fork makes your bike ride.:clue:

XBGM3R

Chimp
Sep 2, 2006
SacHOOD
You CAN use whatever fork you want. The taller the fork you choose the more it will change how your bike handles. A tall fork will raise the front end and make the steering feel floppy. Personally I wouldn't run anything taller than an 80mm fork. A 65mm would be even better. But this all comes down to personal taste and you might like how a 100mm fork makes your bike ride.:clue:
I ask you question, I am wondering if I can cut suspeison 100mm spring make to reduce 80 or 65mm?

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
no matter how much you lower the fork it will most likely make your front end too tall on your haro. the fork on it was designed around a 24" wheel with as low of a a/c as possible because any higher would just be unecessary as it is a rigid fork so you don't need to worry about clearance like with a suspension fork. just my $0.02.

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
Less than 60 mm of travel, you might as well not run suspension. Unless it's super, super stiff, 50ish will bottom out very, very easily. Or unless you're super, super smoove.

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
Less than 60 mm of travel, you might as well not run suspension. Unless it's super, super stiff, 50ish will bottom out very, very easily. Or unless you're super, super smoove.
That's not quite how suspension works....:clue: No matter how much travel you have whether it is one inch or ten inches you should have the right spring in there so you use the travel effectivley. :brows:

Basically you should use around the same PERCENTAGE of travel on the same hits if you have a big fork or a small fork.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
That's not quite how suspension works....:clue: No matter how much travel you have whether it is one inch or ten inches you should have the right spring in there so you use the travel effectivley. :brows:

Basically you should use around the same PERCENTAGE of travel on the same hits if you have a big fork or a small fork.

:stupid:

krazychris

Chimp
Jan 16, 2014
I have a redline proline with fox 80rl suspension forks and i love it great upgrade no awkward riding characteristics the bike will squat when you ride it so the angle of the incline is not very noticible. i used to have these forks on a 20 inch powerlite coqpit with front and rear hayes hydraulic disc brakes and even that rode well and got a ton of attention. I would recommend fox just look for the deals mine have a rebound adjust and a lockout so i can still apply all my power to the ground. if you want pics or have questions email me here or at slimwud@gmail.com. I like the suspension the bikes look nicer and feel incredible and best of all its different there is almost nobody around here doing what im doing or what i have done.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
I have a redline proline with fox 80rl suspension forks and i love it great upgrade no awkward riding characteristics the bike will squat when you ride it so the angle of the incline is not very noticible. i used to have these forks on a 20 inch powerlite coqpit with front and rear hayes hydraulic disc brakes and even that rode well and got a ton of attention. I would recommend fox just look for the deals mine have a rebound adjust and a lockout so i can still apply all my power to the ground. if you want pics or have questions email me here or at slimwud@gmail.com. I like the suspension the bikes look nicer and feel incredible and best of all its different there is almost nobody around here doing what im doing or what i have done.
"Frankenbikes" can be fun/funny . . . but for real riding, um. . . . no thanks!!!!!! Get a real DJ frame!