Quantcast

Mtb Stage Race

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Anyone done one before? I did my second one this last weekend. Saturday morning was the 2 mile hill climb, then about an hour after that was the 20 minute short track, then Sunday was the 21 mile XC race. HOT HOT HOT! It was near 100 degrees both days!! There were no other Pro Women so I got first!:p Derek finished 1st also!!! This is his 1st place finish in Sport.

The pain starts early in short track.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Alll of the Sport categories went together and Derek was 4th overall for most of the race until he pulled off a pass. He ended up 1st in his category.

Two laps to go..

Check out the pain on his face.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I came soooo close to lapping a beginner rider but then I felt bad and slowed up since it was her last lap and I still had like 5 more left.

Here I am just before the finishline of the XC race.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by ghostrider
Heidi, thanks for the write up and pics! Congrats on your win. Where was the race?
It was at Rim Nordic. They hold a regular series up there - only one race is past so there are 3 more opportunities to check them out. The XC course was 7 miles long with a high amount of singletrack. I did three laps and liked it much better than a lot of the BB races.

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Where did you stay when you were there - do they have camping? I checked the website - looks like fun, except for the heat. How much climbing for the typical XC lap?

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by ghostrider
Where did you stay when you were there - do they have camping? I checked the website - looks like fun, except for the heat. How much climbing for the typical XC lap?
There is nearby camping at Green Valley I believe but we stayed down in Redlands. Not sure how much the typical lap has, I don't even know what yestedays was but it seemed like about 1000'.

suga_stie

Chimp
Apr 22, 2002
Redlands, CA
the lap at Rim Nordic is 750 feet climbing. it feels like alot more though because it's so technical and has several switchbacks. it's a fun climb though! alot more fun than fire road climbs, but it does seem to take more energy...