Quantcast

MTB Tires For DJ

ThePirk

Chimp
May 25, 2004
Seattle Wa
I was curious for some opinions on the best DJ tires for MTB. I currently roll maxis mobster 2.7's but would like to know how other tires perform.
:D

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
sweet deal, last i seen you can get k-rads for 15-20 a piece and the arrows for 48 a pair. Leethal found someone on Ebay selling the k-rads for 25 a pair plus shipping.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
i just use the 5 dollar WTB Xc tires i had iin my garage. they work well for street, and well in hardpacked dirt, but they suck in the lose ****.

Very soon Maxis should release (if not already) the HolyRoller in a 26in.
(It has always been avail. in 20 and 24in)
This is simply one of the best DJ tires out there.
Sadly I am sure that it's price will suddenly jump up with it's introduction into the MTB sizing range.. the 20" and 24" x2.1 were a measly $16. can. RETAIL!!

Ifelloffabike

Monkey
Apr 14, 2003
Strong Island Ny
Originally posted by shootr
Very soon Maxis should release (if not already) the HolyRoller in a 26in.
(It has always been avail. in 20 and 24in)
This is simply one of the best DJ tires out there.
Sadly I am sure that it's price will suddenly jump up with it's introduction into the MTB sizing range.. the 20" and 24" x2.1 were a measly $16. can. RETAIL!!
really?

last i heard they wernt releasing those for a long time

IDUNtv

Chimp
May 25, 2004
holy rollers arent coming out til april 2005, until then i suggest double k-rads or hookworm in back and larsen tt/bling bling/highroller semi slick in front. im runnin double hookworms for a little dirt (mostly park/street) and they work fine, but im waitin for holy rollers for front tire, but until then...

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
hahahaha poor suckers without your holly roller's iv had a set for a few months untill one of my friends decided it would be funny to take a grinder to one of them (he doesnt ride and obviously cant read it says prototype) so i have one with no tread and one with a HUGE hole in it from i glass bottle they rocked out gnat core style tho while tyhey were still good. now i run a single ply hookworm rear with either a bling or larsen tt 2.35 or 2.0 sometimes a 2.35 roller semislick, btw they all mount up perfectly on d3.1 rims tubeless style

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
ThePirk said:
I was curious for some opinions on the best DJ tires for MTB. I currently roll maxis mobster 2.7's but would like to know how other tires perform.
:D
Maxis high rollers are very good. :eviltongu

May 26, 2004
Denver
I like the hutchison python for dirt, they are sick light and roll super fast, but the casing is way too thin for street, although i have had good luck with the tubless (which has a thicker casing) while still using tubes. Larsen TT's and the K-rads also rock hard.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
K-rads will $hit the bed on you too quick. I ride a high roller in the rear and have never flatted (that's impressive for me). The front is less important, I've got a WTB motorapor on there and it kinda sucks. Something light is best, helps get that front end up for manuals/trialsy moves.