Quantcast

MTB Videos

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
hey i am making a mtb video for my team, so we can send them out before end of october and get sponsored. I was hoping you guys can help me out and give me the main things that should be in a video. such as how much fr to dh ratio there should be in the movie, and other things you think componyes will be wanting to see..... is music important? Thank you for your help :help:

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
I have made a few movies of riding, and there is really no specific amount of what you are supposed to have. I made a movie that was nothing but helmet cam, and it kicked ass. More than anything, just have fun when you ride. Also a tip for editing footage, if it seems like a certain section of film just kind of drags on and goes a little too slowly, try speeding it up to 1.5 times the normal playback rate, i have found that to be quite useful when filming singletrack. And don't be afraid to set up or stage shots either, it always helps, and its kinda fun to do the same run over and over, changing lines and all.

Aug 15, 2005
Berlin, CT
try to match the music to the riding...like, have a landing be on beat if possible.

Other than that...put in more of whatever riding you do. And have fun doing it...remember, it's not a chore.

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
and dont only focus on riding have some clips of you guys working on the trail getting ready for a race and just hanging out. sponsors arent gonna want a dead team they are gonna want ppl who are active and know how to have fun to bring other ppl into the sport to make them money.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Try not to spell the title wrong. And I don't think any companies will be looking to sponsor a bunch of kids that are causing trouble around local trails and being idiots.

just my opinion though.

droplover

Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
Colorado
Yes, music is very important. I don't know anything about MAKING videos, but I have watched countless. I really get into a video and it is very motivating if the music is good. But like "livetheride514" said, it should match the riding.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
all right thank you guys. i am shooting my video witht he rest of my team this weekend i hope it turns out good, i will hopefully find a way to post it an show you guys it as soon as a i am done. You just have to promis me you will not laugh at it

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
hey sorry to bring this up again but what video program due you guys use

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
I use video explosion deluxe V1.5, I've had good luck with it. It is fairly easy to learn to use, not too many hoops to jump through. It also gives you full timeline plotting on a large chart, pretty easy to work with. And its only like 70.