Quantcast

MTBR Is Lit Thread

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I’m so confused. Are we bitching about a guy riding up a hill pulling a kid? Or are we bitching about new capable mountain bikes? Or are we just bitching to bitch?
View attachment 191664
I think we're bitching about anyone who is "doing it wrong". Which seems to be everyone not directly involved in this conversation to include:

-E-bike riders
-Enduro bike riders in general, but specifically those who believe that modern bikes are suddenly enabling people to ride trails that have been ridden for years
-Kidwoo's brother in law
-Riders that weren't riding challenging trails on hardtails in 1999
-Riders who have opinions about trails but aren't actively involved in building or maintaining them
-Trails that have been modified/built/maintained with a focus on engaging a wider range of riders
-People who own the wrong snowblower

Probably forgetting something.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Meh, I just left. Wasn't the people, it's what those people started doing to trails. I lost the breaking point number of trails I used to consider religious experiences getting squiggled.

I'm like an elegant stallion who simply lost his habitat.

Like this. This is me. I'm a horse.

Invasive species

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think we're bitching about anyone who is "doing it wrong". Which seems to be everyone not directly involved in this conversation to include:

-E-bike riders
-Enduro bike riders in general, but specifically those who believe that modern bikes are suddenly enabling people to ride trails that have been ridden for years
-Kidwoo's brother in law
-Riders that weren't riding challenging trails on hardtails in 1999
-Riders who have opinions about trails but aren't actively involved in building or maintaining them
-Trails that have been modified/built/maintained with a focus on engaging a wider range of riders
-People who own the wrong snowblower

Probably forgetting something.
the other day i saw a fanny pack bro doing the half lid goggles on trails that have less elevation than my house.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Need to update my list:

-Unapproved helmet/eyewear combinations on trails lacking elevation
Add fanny packs worn in anyway other than around the waist to the list. Nothing worse than someone in denial that they are indeed wearing a fanny pack and not a cross body bag or some other euphemism for an accessory that should have been left back in the 90s.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Add fanny packs worn in anyway other than around the waist to the list. Nothing worse than someone in denial that they are indeed wearing a fanny pack and not a cross body bag or some other euphemism for an accessory that should have been left back in the 90s.
Are we making fun of people for their bicycling fashion? Or making fun of people who make fun of people for their bicycling fashion? Maybe both.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
you climb a singlespeed to the the saddle and see how you feel

I ain't doing that shit. It's bad enough with gears. I happily take those shuttles so I have strength for the smash. I would absolutely be in that pile. Just less spandex.

Now take into account this is the singlespeed world champs and there are probably some georgians and equivalent in that mix
I only do that if it was an e-single speed. Meet ya there! :banana:

Seriously, the last time I climbed up the XC course on a regular bike was probably 10 years ago during the race. Felt like crap when I got to the saddle, but a convenient margarita and bacon hand-off helped get me right for the descent. (I was pack fodder at that point anyway results-wise, so why not?) The only problem was all the spandex wankers blocking the trail on the way down. And that, my friends, is why I don't do races like that anymore. /coolstorybro

I only do that if it was an e-single speed. Meet ya there! :banana:

Seriously, the last time I climbed up the XC course on a regular bike was probably 10 years ago during the race. Felt like crap when I got to the saddle, but a convenient margarita and bacon hand-off helped get me right for the descent. (I was pack fodder at that point anyway results-wise, so why not?) The only problem was all the spandex wankers blocking the trail on the way down. And that, my friends, is why I don't do races like that anymore. /coolstorybro
Saw that some riding the Vermont 50 back when.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
the crew I'm talking about was the "I give up" pile on packer saddle waiting for a ride back. Just sitting there looking defeated, made infinitely worse by the fact that they were all dressed like roadies in spandex.

If you did the descent you weren't the group I saw.
SHit if you can make it to Packer saddle you can pretty much coast into town in 2-3 hours. Of course I preferred Pauley Creek to Big Boulder then decide scare the crap out of myself on second divide (before the widening on the cliff when that shit was maybe 6" wide) or bomb down 3rd divide