Quantcast

MTBs BMX'n

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Good times!! 13 riders with 2 gates ran 3 motos with top 4 finishers transfering to the main. Ben, holliswood,CD, Five, Jack M, Russ S, Beav, S Weasle, Nate, two guys on Konas, Reo and Mr Mutari. It was a good showing for the mtbs. :thumb:

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
That Mr. Mutari (Mut) is a stud!:love: See what happens when I tell him to win!!:blah: Good job to all you guys! That first corner was tight on the main!

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Do you guys have problems with deciding what is, and isn't a mountain bike? Do you need 26" wheels, gears, front brake, and suspension to race your mtb class.

I raced the 31-35 cruiser class Saturday at Willamette Valley BMX (Milwaukie, OR) on my Tonic Fall Guy. It has suspension, 24" wheels and just one gear...oh, and weighs 25lbs. I don't think it'd be fair to race it in the MTB class against the bigger, slower bikes.

Comments?
Thanks,
Tim

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Some of the mtbs like Burl's and S Weasles are SS'd. SW switched from a lighter Avent to a 4130 frame because he wanted to do more than race. He still races it in the cruiser class when there aren't enought mtbs for their own gate. Those Tonic frames look cool. Haven't seen 1 up here yet.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
TWISTED said:
Do you guys have problems with deciding what is, and isn't a mountain bike? Do you need 26" wheels, gears, front brake, and suspension to race your mtb class.

I raced the 31-35 cruiser class Saturday at Willamette Valley BMX (Milwaukie, OR) on my Tonic Fall Guy. It has suspension, 24" wheels and just one gear...oh, and weighs 25lbs. I don't think it'd be fair to race it in the MTB class against the bigger, slower bikes.

Comments?
Thanks,
Tim
No one has said what a mtb is or isn't. Last winter one of the guys (Reo) used a Redline SS bike w/ a rigid fork. He got some grief about it, but he still raced it. Not like he won or anything. This year he's using a HT w/ gears and front suspension.

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Sweet setup. I talked to Cedar at MC a couple of days ago and he was saying that they were trying to get a big turn out for the mtb class one day. I told him to let us know which Sunday and S Weasle, Beav and I would road trip down.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Lately there have been 30 or so mtb'ers showing up Thursday nights for practice.
Yesterday Rob, Landon, Cedar, Tony, and I all split from work at 1pm to go to Meldrum Bar for some dirt jump action. It was a wonderful day. Here's a shot I took of Landon Holt.

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Yesterday we hit two skate parks and the local djs before the turkey dinner hit us. Tonight I think we are hitting Red Sqare at the UW campus. If you guys decide to come up one Sunday let me know ahead of time.