Quantcast

MTV Made Bmx chix

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I watched some of Made this morning on MTV. They had a girl learn how to race BMX. She was pathetic! I seen the others where one girl learned how to skate park and one girl learned how to do a backflip on a freestyle bike (thanks Woodward!). Those girls were cool.

But when she finally did her big race, she could not pedal through any obstacle, including a bermed turn, and she finally crashed on a small whoop at maybe 10 mph. There was a huge shock in the crowd, even though she was wearing a full face helmet and a full pad set.

I was thinking about it when I answered a newbie's question about learning to ride. I think about the zillion falls with only people's scorn to keep me going, and this is really pathetic.

The best part is when they get the Yoga instructor to give her advice. It would have been funny to see the Yoga instructor race BMX and see how she deals with the stress of crashing.

http://www.mtv.com/onair/dyn/made/episode.jhtml?episodeID=81699

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
I saw it, I was more disgusted than ever. It was absolutely pathetic. Yeah, she tried, but after 60 days you should be a little better than that.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Same, it seems like she thought she wanted it, but did not want to comply with the training involved. Can't get better without being dedicated to practicing and training. Was truly a sad sight to see.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
They woulda had better luck entering her in a eating contest...

Some of them are just painfull to watch.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Have you seen that sweet sixteen show. The people on there are rich a$$ b****'s man. They get whatever they want.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
rpk1988 said:
Have you seen that sweet sixteen show. The people on there are rich a$$ b****'s man. They get whatever they want.
No kidding!!! Did you see that one where they went to Paris just for a freakin dress and the dad said they ended up spending about $200k on it!!! Freakin rich people!!!</envy>

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
sanjuro said:
I watched some of Made this morning on MTV. They had a girl learn how to race BMX. She was pathetic! I seen the others where one girl learned how to skate park and one girl learned how to do a backflip on a freestyle bike (thanks Woodward!). Those girls were cool.

But when she finally did her big race, she could not pedal through any obstacle, including a bermed turn, and she finally crashed on a small whoop at maybe 10 mph. There was a huge shock in the crowd, even though she was wearing a full face helmet and a full pad set.

I was thinking about it when I answered a newbie's question about learning to ride. I think about the zillion falls with only people's scorn to keep me going, and this is really pathetic.

The best part is when they get the Yoga instructor to give her advice. It would have been funny to see the Yoga instructor race BMX and see how she deals with the stress of crashing.

http://www.mtv.com/onair/dyn/made/episode.jhtml?episodeID=81699

Here's an idea....you quit posting until you have something nice and positive to say in a thread.

Not everyone is gifted with athletic ability, quit being such a self righetous asshole.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I just read the MTV description of the episode (I don't watch TV, in fact if I did watch this episode, I would have wanted to gouge my eyeballs out with a grapefruit knife)...

it seems that she was more interested in losing weight and fitting into a smaller size than wanting to ride.

what a shame.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
COmtbiker12 said:
No kidding!!! Did you see that one where they went to Paris just for a freakin dress and the dad said they ended up spending about $200k on it!!! Freakin rich people!!!</envy>
And the girls in one episode cried because her parents canceled her credit card and didnt have a car there for her on her birthday dinner.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
COmtbiker12 said:
Paris just for a freakin dress and the dad said they ended up spending about $200k on it!!! Freakin rich people!!!</envy>
200K for a freakin dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
rpk1988 said:
And the girls in one episode cried because her parents canceled her credit card and didnt have a car there for her on her birthday dinner.

some people are born into that kinda crap.

I feel sorry for them. :oink:

I can't imagiine not having the pride of working your ass off to save up for something you REALLY want, and then buying it.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
rpk1988 said:
LMAO that was the episode where they spent 200k for the party (forgot to include that)!! And she ended up getting a fvckin 2005 Range Rover after all.... :mad:

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Has it ever occured to any of you all that you are just as pathetic as anyone watching those shows and knowing every little detail about them? MTV sucks ass, last time i checked it was MUSIC TELEVISION even though MTV hasnt showed actualy music since oh say 1999. They don't even hardly show TRL anymore which was lame enough as it is. Macgyver and Spike TV or USA with Walker is where you all should be spending your viewing time. Mullets in action NEVER and i say NEVER dissapoint.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
biker3 said:
Has it ever occured to any of you all that you are just as pathetic as anyone watching those shows and knowing every little detail about them? MTV sucks ass, last time i checked it was MUSIC TELEVISION even though MTV hasnt showed actualy music since oh say 1999. They don't even hardly show TRL anymore which was lame enough as it is. Macgyver and Spike TV or USA with Walker is where you all should be spending your viewing time. Mullets in action NEVER and i say NEVER dissapoint.
Jesse's right, I only watched it because i wanted to laugh at the whiny rich girls complain about how 'hard' their lives are. Otherwise, when nothing else is on, I choose the only channel that offers it all and has things that appeal to everybody. The TV Guide Channel. :D

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
biker3 said:

I don't watch MTV, so I do agree with you.

Spike TV is for nerds. Whenever I turn to that channel it's always "star trek"

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
COmtbiker12 said:
Jesse's right, I only watched it because i wanted to laugh at the whiny rich girls complain about how 'hard' their lives are. Otherwise, when nothing else is on, I choose the only channel that offers it all and has things that appeal to everybody. The TV Guide Channel. :D

You ever thought about turning off the TV?

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
I remember seeing the episode where they made they guy into a triathlete. He whined a lot and his coach left and told the kid to come back when he was ready to work. It been a while since I've watched MTV, I think it was on a year or so ago...

CoMo

Chimp
Nov 13, 2004
SoCal
MtnbikeMike said:
I remember seeing the episode where they made they guy into a triathlete. He whined a lot and his coach left and told the kid to come back when he was ready to work. It been a while since I've watched MTV, I think it was on a year or so ago...

Shut it you hippie!

:D

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
biker3 said:
MFing werd. :thumb:

I remember the triathelete one too.. what a knob.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Oh hell, we all secretly watch all that stupid reality crap. I can't stand it too, but I keep watching. Saying you don't watch it is like saying you don't play with your winky, bull sh#%^!!!!

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
The fat BMX chick doesn't live too far from me, same state. The best part of the episode is when she gets shot down by the chode she tries to hook up with. LOLZ

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Transcend said:
Here's an idea....you quit posting until you have something nice and positive to say in a thread.

Not everyone is gifted with athletic ability, quit being such a self righetous asshole.
Well, I don't go down to the first-timer races and laugh at riders and throw sticks in their wheels. I cheer them on.

On the other hand, these people don't apply to a major cable show, wait for a BMX pro to coach them, and then make fools of themselves on tv. They ride and train on their own, for their own gratification.

I have other comments for you too, but I am too nice and positive to say them.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
I hope that little girl got to keep all her schwag. She was sporting some nice schit! Maybe do a re-visit on her in a couple of years and see if she took it anywhere. I'd be psyched for her if she just turned out to be a rippin' park rider and never raced again. But from what I saw, she needed some muscle development/memory which 60 days wasn't going to even come close to doing it for anyone who's starting something new.

Edit:
ncrider said:
we all secretly watch all that stupid reality crap. I can't stand it too, but I keep watching. Saying you don't watch it is like saying you don't play with your winky
I don't watch reality TV because I play w/ my winky too much :eviltongu

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
sanjuro said:
Well, I don't go down to the first-timer races and laugh at riders and throw sticks in their wheels. I cheer them on.

On the other hand, these people don't apply to a major cable show, wait for a BMX pro to coach them, and then make fools of themselves on tv. They ride and train on their own, for their own gratification.

I have other comments for you too, but I am too nice and positive to say them.
Let's just be clear here, I could not care less about what you have to say to me.