Quantcast

MTX race on a BMX track(X post)

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Hey everyone, Peachtree City BMX will host a 4 cross race November 6th.
This will be in conjunction with the Georgia BMX state championship race.
There are a few details we're still working on but basically it's a $25 entry fee, no license required, top 4 split 100% payback plus a cut from the consession stand. There will also be a women's bracket and if enough people we'll have seperate pro/ex and sport classes. Sport finalists will get prizes.
I will post a link to the race page as soon as it's done but you can check out PTC BMX at PTC BMX

It's a fun track on a 26"er. It's always open except after a rain so check it out. We are doing this for fun. And also to show the BMXers what they can ride when they grow up :thumb:

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Cool! I've been wanting to try that out with the tracks at Noonday and Powder Springs. Mini Race circuit? Just a thought...

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
That would never happen in Georgia because of the ABA state prez is against anything that she won't be able to control. There has been a push in the past 2 years to get a race series in GA between the ABA riders and NBL riders. The NBL state commish was all for it. He even proposed it. The ABA riders liked the idea but the ABA state commish said,"no". And that was that.
I've got much harsher words about her that I won't use on the internet. Let's just say she turned me away from ever dealing with the ABA again.

Our track prez would like to make a MTX series at our track if there is enough interest.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
flatulant_man said:
amen. and is there gonna be a junior category? sounds like a bitchin' fun time. :evil:
Probably not just because you will be the only one. Again, if there are enough we can run a junior catagory. My 15 year old is going to race in the pro/ex class. I'll be surprised if he doesn't make the final. I might try to get some people in some track-side betting.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
manimal said:
i might do it if your sandbagging arse doesn't race sport :D ;)
Just say,"No"...to doughnuts.

Talk to Joe about sandbagging! And Vic. :nope:

If I move up to (s)expert I'll probably race my son in the first round at every race. I'd hate to have to pull rank on him to win a round :devil:

M@LPHY

Monkey
Oct 6, 2004
the Netherlands
Here in the Netherlands you can run 26" in the 24" Cruiser class at AC races (All Categories).

A lot of F.U.N. to be had...

Still a shorter wheelbased, unsprung BMX bike is better suited to it.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
M@LPHY said:
Here in the Netherlands you can run 26" in the 24" Cruiser class at AC races (All Categories).

A lot of F.U.N. to be had...

Still a shorter wheelbased, unsprung BMX bike is better suited to it.
Same in the U.S. In fact I know of 2 guys racing cruiser on fully rigid DS rigs who kick ass at the nationals. The ability to shift gears helps overcome the downside of a bigger wheel.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Damn dude. Short notice, Novemer 6th.....

That sucks, I would of definately of gone down there for it.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
The 4X is coming up this weekend. We are all planning to go out to Chuck Pitts' hell track after the race. Chuck's 4X track is off the hook. Even though I can't jump most of the stuff out there it's still a blast to ride and to jump what I can. We made an alternate line around the big rythme section.
BYOB.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
This is a shot of the rythme section at Chuck's mtnx track. The left line was pre existing and we added the right line for mear mortals. This was shot sunday. We're spending all week smoothing it out.