Quantcast

mud hunnie babies!

rainbow_smoke

Monkey
Sep 19, 2003
Bellingham, WA
I know there were/are a few of us that are preggo! and just wondering who they all were! I am 33wks, allsk8sno (husband) is the happy soon to be dad! we don't know what we are having, but feel it might be a boy! (that is what the husband wants!)

I really miss riding my bike, I can;t really bend over anymore to reach the handlebars, and am really looking forward to getting to ride at Whistler. Since Allsks8no got a job and moved us to Bellingham!!

anyways just thought I would see who other biking ladies were having a child, or have recently!!

Can't wait to have mine and go biking again!!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
YEAH!!! You're getting close too!!!

I am almost 40 weeks (due Sunday) and am currently in "early labor". I am dilated 2-3 cm (or atleast I was at my appointment yesterday) and having contractions. I REALLY miss my bike...luckily, I am still feeling great and am able to ride a stationary bike to keep in shape (was on it earlier today in fact).

We're having a girl(had to find out)...Sydney Rose...and we really can't wait to meet her. My Dr. said any time so I am counting down the minutes at this point.

Good luck to all the other soon-to-be-mommies!!!

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
pregnancy scares the ever lovin' crap out of me.

Y'all are some gutsy ladies.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes!

Tree, I'll be sendin' you the good vibes all weekend....

:D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
MudGrrl said:
pregnancy scares the ever lovin' crap out of me.

Y'all are some gutsy ladies.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes!

Tree, I'll be sendin' you the good vibes all weekend....

:D
Thanks! I'll definitely be posting up some pics of our newest mudhunnie for all to enjoy :D

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
oops this is rainbow_smoke, I forgot to log out my husband :-) I am sure he won;t mind.

I hope your birth experiance is great! Pictures will be wonderful! a little girl that is awesome!!! I will be thinking to you!!!

I am planning a natural birth with two mid-wives at their birthing center! I hate hospitals and doctors and people telling me what to do.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
allsk8sno said:
oops this is rainbow_smoke, I forgot to log out my husband :-) I am sure he won;t mind.

I hope your birth experiance is great! Pictures will be wonderful! a little girl that is awesome!!! I will be thinking to you!!!

I am planning a natural birth with two mid-wives at their birthing center! I hate hospitals and doctors and people telling me what to do.
awesome, you hunnies ROCK! My babies are um, almost moved out.:) (16 & 19) But I can still ( barely ) remember. I had a midwife for one, and doc who was trained by said midwife for the other. was I'm convinced that so much of how it goes is in your head. So here's wishing all you mommies to be strong, healthy smooth baby birthing events!

Best midwife moment: I went in for my 2 week post birth check up. No tearing or stitches so I had healed really well. She said, "you look great, all clear but you can tell you hubby I said 4 more weeks.":p

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I'm no mud-hunnie, but my wife is....sorta.... She doesn't post, but she's been riding with Treesaw a couple times. Anywho, we had our second child on Jan. 17th and couldn't be happier! :) Mom (Kelley), baby (Jamis) and I are all doing well!!

Mom and baby

Our first (Piper) meets her little brother

Me and the little guy

Tuff*Stuff

Chimp
Jun 23, 2003
North Bend
McGRP01 said:
You husband is 66? Man and I thought I was getting a late start having me second at 33. :p

Congrats!! :thumb:
Hee hee. My husband is ridemonkey 66. But I guess you got that!!!
Thanks for the congrats , we are so excited.
I cant wait to get back to Whistler though!!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Here she is!!!

Sydney Rose She was a week over due but we are both doing very well and are finally home enjoying each other :D

DOB: 2-6-06 at 8:27AM
Vitals: 7 lbs. 13.5 oz and 21.5 inches long

We're SO excited :love:
Mom & Sydney after feeding:

Our beautiful baby girl

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Congrats! 2 of my cousins (sisters) are pregnant now. Due 2 weeks apart in July. They announced it simultaneously (sp?) on Thnaksgiving without knowing that the other one was pregnant. They'll be the first grand kids on my mom's side of the family so everyone is excited.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Repack said:
Congrats! 2 of my cousins (sisters) are pregnant now. Due 2 weeks apart in July. They announced it simultaneously (sp?) on Thnaksgiving without knowing that the other one was pregnant. They'll be the first grand kids on my mom's side of the family so everyone is excited.
Sydeny is the first grandchild on both sides of our family so she's destined to be spoiled rotten ;)

rainbow_smoke

Monkey
Sep 19, 2003
Bellingham, WA
what a lovely baby girl!!!! How did everything go?? I have about 5 wks until my due date, so plus or minus a week or more. probably more :-)

How is the adjustment??? Hope all is well!!!!!!!!!

Congrats again!!!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
rainbow_smoke said:
what a lovely baby girl!!!! How did everything go?? I have about 5 wks until my due date, so plus or minus a week or more. probably more :-)

How is the adjustment??? Hope all is well!!!!!!!!!

Congrats again!!!!!
She came a week late, but everything went well. Labour & delivery aren't that bad (really) you just have to stay focused on the goal and have wonderful support around you. I was having contractions pretty close on Sunday morning around 3am and thought for sure it was time...then they subsided a bit but came back much stronger and closer in the afternoon. I kept myself busy doing laundry and making dinner, but by 7:30pm I was trying to relax in the tub and realized the contractions were quite strong, lasting a full minute and only 5 minutes apart. When I got to the hospital, I was dilated to 6 cm and and ready. I only had to push actively for about 2 1/2 hours and there she was. If you want any details or want to talk about it, just PM me.

The adjustment isn't bad so far...we're a little tired, but she is already starting to feed more regularly (today) and we're loving every noise and face she makes. It's really an amazing experience. I am looking forward to having my body back and getting back to riding my bike, but it's SO worth all of it!!!

Good luck during your last weeks. I didn't really get uncomfortable until my due date so it was only bad for about a week.

rainbow_smoke

Monkey
Sep 19, 2003
Bellingham, WA
thanks for the encourgement!!! I am really excited and expecting our baby to come late. my mom was late with 4 out of 5 of us kids. so chances are good I will be too. either way we are really looking forward to holding out baby!! And especially to knowing if we have a boy or a girl!!!!!

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
well my wife's water broke last night! (37wks)
we're sitting around waiting for active labor to start..who knows how long that will be. thought you mud hunnies might like to know!

pete

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
allsk8sno said:
well my wife's water broke last night! (37wks)
we're sitting around waiting for active labor to start..who knows how long that will be. thought you mud hunnies might like to know!

pete
Excellent!!!! The Dr. broke my water when I got to the hospital as I was already 6 cm and active labor didn't take long for me at all! Best wishes to you and your wife!!!!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Tuff*Stuff said:
Good Luck to you two on an easy labor.
I am so excited for you both.
Let us know when the little one arrives.
When are you due Heather? I talked to Matt for a few on Sunday, he said your lookimg and feeling great!:D

Tuff*Stuff

Chimp
Jun 23, 2003
North Bend
Snacks said:
When are you due Heather? I talked to Matt for a few on Sunday, he said your lookimg and feeling great!:D
Hey Amy,

We are due on May 17. I can hardly wait. I am really excited to be a mom. Hopefully our little girl will like to ride.
I have been missing riding so much but have been too paranoid to the entire time to try.
But once the baby is born I gotta ride. I cant wait to go to the BMX track.

I hope you are well too. What have you been up to?

-Heather

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
his name is Asa Paul Spackman!!

Zoae is doing great! sore, but only had two really small tears but did not need stiches! sitting on frozen peas makes her happy! we have been eating and drinking lots, the labor was really long and she did an amazing job! I am so proud of my wife!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
allsk8sno said:
well this morning 5:24am pst our little baby was born!
he weighs just 5lb 14oz. and is 19 3/4" long with a huge barrel of a chest (like me..) he's so cute!

edit: pictures

yo pete and Zoae, congrats! and a boy! right on! thats so cool man

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
allsk8sno said:
sore, but only had two really small tears but did not need stiches! sitting on frozen peas makes her happy!

ya know... this is a fraction of what scares me about having kids....
the tearing.

:eek:

the frozen peas thing is funny though.

Congrats on the new families here!

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
the tears scared me some too but zoae is ok, the natural birth thing was awesome too! just me, zoae and the 2 midwives + 1 big bathtub = 1 healthy baby!! i highly recomend it!! my wife does too! the baby was in mine or hers' arms the whole time!! and not doctors fussing around

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Natural birth isn't as scary as it's made out to be and TOTALLY worth every minute. I had a small tear too and ended up needing 3 stitches :( I didn't have frozen peas in the hospital, but my nurses were nice enough to fill a rubber glove up with ice for me :D

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
is it uncommon for women to deliver naturally???? my wife did it three times ..no problems...??....just curious...