Quantcast

Mud Hunnie Injured - Kate Riedell Update

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Wow, that really sucks! I hope she heals quick! Does she post here? Tell her that I'm healing from a bad wreck/injury and would be more than happy to chat. Sometimes it really helps to talk to someone who is going through the same thing! It really helped me. A week after my accident, a good friend of mine broke her knee cap in half so we kinda went through a lot of stuff at the same time. Good luck to her and tell her we are all rooting for her quick recovery!

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Get well soon, Kate! Yep, I'm recovering from a moto accident myself, so I know what you are going through. I won't lie to you, being off the bike for months at a time really SUCKS mentally and physically...but the light at the end of the tunnel is that it's there for you to work towards. Imagine if we didn't ride?!? You will have a whole new appreciation for riding and you'll more than likely come back waaayyy stronger! Try to keep your chin up!!! :)

Carrie...are you hurt AGAIN?!? Geez, I was wondering why I didn't see you at Mammoth...

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
DH Diva said:
Wow, that really sucks! I hope she heals quick! Does she post here? Tell her that I'm healing from a bad wreck/injury and would be more than happy to chat. Sometimes it really helps to talk to someone who is going through the same thing! It really helped me. A week after my accident, a good friend of mine broke her knee cap in half so we kinda went through a lot of stuff at the same time. Good luck to her and tell her we are all rooting for her quick recovery!

yes, she posts here but I don't know her user name. Her boyfriend is Repack. I'll pass along the message. Thanks.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Nice. More kind words. Kate got home <1/2 hr ago. She is in the process of getting settled in. Its amazing how fast she is progressing. Its hard to believe that it happened only 5 days ago.
Her user name is Special K if anyone wants to PM her. I am sure that she would love to hear from hunnies in similar situations.
Thanks for the encouragement! I'll make sure she sees this. She hasn't been near a computer since her tumble.

Special K

Chimp
Feb 12, 2004
CT by way of Beantown
HI everyone-
Thank you all for your continued support. To say the least my left leg hurts a lot! I am finally out of my bed and into the room with the computer for a bit. MY bf said thank you's to everybody -- but Thanks AGAIN!! Everyone has been so great to me. This truly is the best sport ever!!!! I am going to sign up for busted spoke too, so for now, thanks for everyone's words there.
I have had an upset stomach from all the painkillers which has limited my movement for a while. The Doctor's say I should feel a lot better in six weeks.
Be back for next season,
Kate :)

Special K

Chimp
Feb 12, 2004
CT by way of Beantown
This past week (actually last Thursday) I got a blood clot in my leg -- anyone have any advice on how to deal with this? I am getting injections in my stomach to thin my blood and taking pills. I should be better in another week or so... oh well.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Special K said:
This past week (actually last Thursday) I got a blood clot in my leg -- anyone have any advice on how to deal with this? I am getting injections in my stomach to thin my blood and taking pills. I should be better in another week or so... oh well.
Oh kate! I'm so sorry to hear there has been a complication. The best advice is probably to just keep doing what the doctors tell you and to stay positive. This is just a speed bump on the way to recovery, and pretty normal given your injury. Just keep hanging in there.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Special K said:
Wow! I hope this doesn't turn out to be serious. I would definately do exactly what the Dr. tells you to do and we'll all hope for a speedy recovery for you!

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
hey special k (love the name btw)

sorry i don't have any advice on the blood clot thing, but if you're in good hands, then it should all work out. how else are you feeling? getting sick from the painkillers still?

man, i admire your strength. knowing this kind of thing would happen in this sport would make anybody choose not to do it. i give major props to all the girls here and to you for having such a great outlook on things.

pfft. the meaning of "crying like a girl" will change soon!

cheers and take care!