Quantcast

Mud pond gap trail

May 22, 2006
waynsesboro va.
I've gotta question for all you monkeys around h-burg...has anyone considered putting in some optional lines down mud pond gap???
rode there this weekend and had a blast but when my bros and I started shooting some video we were able to take the time to really look at the trail and saw all kind of potential lines to give some variety.
Just curious if anyone feels the same, either way the trail is just sick...and always stoked to bomb it.

S

seespotendo

no... dont go.
i think i've ridden there before.
I've done the loop, we went up mud pond to the pond and turned left down the blueberry trail.
so where were you thinking to put options in?
personally i love the blueberry downhill that trail kicks arse! :thumb:

S

seespotendo

yea... it is. thats why i wasn't planning on building anything. haha

BAXTER

Monkey
Jun 25, 2005
THE BURG but missing BOSTON
Mud Pond is a GW Forest fire road that is used from time to time by the forest service. DO NOT build anything or dig anything without the permission of the National Forest. If you are interested in trail work you can call Shenandoah Bicycle Company or check the website for links to the local club. Renegade building in the forest is not taken lightly and WILL result in loosing all PERMISSION to ride their. I personally put too much time and effort into the trails in the BURG to see this happen. I agree there are some sweet spots to put some good lines in but not without the rangers say so.

BAXTER

Monkey
Jun 25, 2005
no... dont go.
i think i've ridden there before.
I've done the loop, we went up mud pond to the pond and turned left down the blueberry trail.
so where were you thinking to put options in?
personally i love the blueberry downhill that trail kicks arse! :thumb:
You went up Blueberry and down Mud Pond. You should keep going to the top next time(Oak Knob) and run the whole thing. Check Shenandoah Bike Companies site for info on the SIX PACK DOWNHILL races every Friday. One of the last ones is Mud Pond. It only costs a sixxer of pop or suds to enter. Check it out!!!!

S

seespotendo

You went up Blueberry and down Mud Pond. You should keep going to the top next time(Oak Knob) and run the whole thing. Check Shenandoah Bike Companies site for info on the SIX PACK DOWNHILL races every Friday. One of the last ones is Mud Pond. It only costs a sixxer of pop or suds to enter. Check it out!!!!
no, no, no.... you got it all wrong! UGH! haha.
we went UP Mud Pond and DOWN Blueberry.
Blueberry in the one with all the evergreens and like its flowie and has those "water bars" that end up becoming jumps when I go OH SO FAST! haha.

BAXTER

Monkey
Jun 25, 2005
no, no, no.... you got it all wrong! UGH! haha.
we went UP Mud Pond and DOWN Blueberry.
Blueberry in the one with all the evergreens and like its flowie and has those "water bars" that end up becoming jumps when I go OH SO FAST! haha.
You have it wrong my man. I live in town and have been riding that trail for 10 years. The single track is Blueberry and the double track is the service road that goes to the top(OAK KNOB) which is called Mud Pond, hence the muddy pond halfway up where you are turning left to rip the double track. Come by Shenandoah Bike Company and I'll hook you up with a map of the trails in the area. Peace.

Nov 3, 2003
Virginia
Hey...I am going to build a lot of stuff on Mud Pond and Blueberry. I am going to build kickers, step-downs and tables all the way down it.
I might even chop down some live trees to do it, and I am going to put in a lift to the top of Oak.
I am tired of riding to the top...been climbing that stupid fire road since 95, PAINFUL.
Maybe all you H-Burg dorks, with your knee high stockings and fixies will enjoy it :biggrin:
Oh yeah, heads up...I might run one of you Huge-Ass guys over while I shuttle Reddish...
:cheers:

S

seespotendo

i think he's kidding?
who build the kicker/booter lip near the bottom of the mud pond trail? it kinda has a landing on the big rock slab....

mtwhore

Chimp
Jun 20, 2006
Harrisonburg
i think he's kidding?
who build the kicker/booter lip near the bottom of the mud pond trail? it kinda has a landing on the big rock slab....
Sounds like you need to come down to this so called "mud pond". There shall be several kickers @ the bottom with one 30' back from that rock slab so one can use it as a transition. We also have a mini van to use as a table top and even an espresso bar featuring live music every Thursday night and free wireless internet.

p.s.
bring some chicks

Nov 3, 2003
Virginia
Sounds like you need to come down to this so called "mud pond". There shall be several kickers @ the bottom with one 30' back from that rock slab so one can use it as a transition. We also have a mini van to use as a table top and even an espresso bar featuring live music every Thursday night and free wireless internet.

p.s.
bring some chicks
LETS DO IT!!! That would be awesome!!! Bikes, espresso and chicks. Too bad it's turning out to be an early winter and not an Indian summer...

Nov 3, 2003
Virginia
Yeah! It would be really fun on my new yet old WAAADE SIMMONS RM!
:wave: Yep That one.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I am not sure who this is but enjoy that bike!!! It was my first DH/Freeride rig. Still a sick bike...I wish I would've known what to do with it back in 2003.
It used to have a Monster T on it...it pulled my skinny ass down the mountain, and not in a good way.
Life is better now on this...

mtwhore

Chimp
Jun 20, 2006
Harrisonburg
This is Jeremy. I missed Snowshoe all year, but we rode together last year a short bit with me on the gray King Fisher. I bought the RM for the fork But its still a solid bike, so thats what Im riding.

Nov 3, 2003
Virginia
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY wild man, how are you doing??? Glad to see you are still out and about.
I am sorry to hear that missed riding the Shoe this year. We had a blast this season...best year ever, so many new trails up there, fun group to party with up there to.
Trying to plan a ride up at the Burg soon, maybe I'll see ya. Oh yeah, quit hanging around that weird guy with da beard and tats...HE'S TROUBLE with a capital TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
ciao

May 22, 2006
waynsesboro va.
thats funny talking bout renegade building...lol I was just asking if any thought from local clubs that it could be possible to make the trail even better. There are so many possibilities there it would be cool to have optional lines...anyways thanks for the input all