Quantcast

Mud Trip? Help a visiting midwesterner

allenpg

Chimp
Apr 5, 2005
Coming to Seattle for the weekend to visit friends. Bringing my XC bike to get some rides in. I've never biked in the area before and was thinking Tiger and Tolt for proximity to the city. I know the rain has probably made the singletrack slicker than snot on a brass doorknob, so I was planning on the fireroads as workout for a few races coming end of April.

My question is that are the roads on Tiger OK now (aka., I'm simply get muddy) or are they unrideable? I'm used to muddy roads in the midwest, so I don't care about getting dirty. I just don't want to be biking through 6 inches of mud...:)

Thanks for the heads up and hope for dry weather this weekend!
-Pete

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
allenpg said:
Coming to Seattle for the weekend to visit friends. Bringing my XC bike to get some rides in. I've never biked in the area before and was thinking Tiger and Tolt for proximity to the city. I know the rain has probably made the singletrack slicker than snot on a brass doorknob, so I was planning on the fireroads as workout for a few races coming end of April.

My question is that are the roads on Tiger OK now (aka., I'm simply get muddy) or are they unrideable? I'm used to muddy roads in the midwest, so I don't care about getting dirty. I just don't want to be biking through 6 inches of mud...:)

Thanks for the heads up and hope for dry weather this weekend!
-Pete
Fire roads are totally fine. The trail may have a river running through it. :(

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
ride the trails. there are plenty of hippies that will fix them after you leave. or is that leaf.....?

tiger will have a river running through it. this will work in your favor though, as it will eliminate your tracks. that's how the cowboys used to cover their tracks back in the day.;)