Quantcast

Mullet Madness

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I guess I didn’t look at the frame closely, I assumed it was steel, for some reason. (Made in Sheffield made me think it was like a Starling or something. )
Guilty. :busted:

For some reason I was thinking steel as well.
Looking at the frame again, tube sizes etc, well... :bonk:

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Well crap, this has turned into a trend.
Trails are ripping, finish building bike, trails are shut down.
View attachment 209106
No background removal, that's just how it looks outside the garage right now.:(

Airdrop Edit MX out of Sheffield.
Bike is sweet so far, very clean build. Cable routing is 100% external with the old school hole in the bottom of the ST for the dropper. Very tidy and well thought out.

Full coil with Smashpot in a 170mm Lyrik, old school SRAM 11 spd with Shimano cassette, solid chain guide/basher, alloy 31.8 bars, Dominion brakes, DH casing tires. Bomb proof and porky.
Why the roller guide instead of the MRP SXg? When that came out it was the end of rollers for me. Does the same thing with less drag, moving parts, easier to clean.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Why the roller guide instead of the MRP SXg? When that came out it was the end of rollers for me. Does the same thing with less drag, moving parts, easier to clean.
I hear you, had an SXg on there initially. With this one and a 34t ring, the lower guide had to sit super low. Like it didn't really provide any retention and it was going to get smacked a lot. It's like it needs another lower mount location in between the two existing ones, the 34t just barely rubs when in the "small ring" configuration.

I'll look at it again as I really like the no contact thing also.

But the big ol' taco and solid retention of the one there is nice. This bike probably isn't going to go on many big mileage, high country adventures with mega climbing anyway.