Quantcast

Mullet Madness

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
That thing ticks off almost all the nerd bike boxes. Too bad the seat tube is too long on the medium. 430 seat tube on a 450 reach frame, smh.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Cavalerie is zee French equivalent of Nicolai. You could maybe say Knolly is the Canadian Nicolai?

Also, they are the owners of Effigear, the gearbox maker.

BTW, the Anakin V2 has been in the market for at least six months, are they marketing the mullet compatible dropouts now?
Has it? They have the Anakin frame for sale but the V2 is pre order and says Jan delivery. Maybe they do pre orders for each batch....?

I don't mind the look of it, it's not Knolly bad anyway, fuck those things to hell.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE

richt2000

Chimp
Sep 25, 2021
Few more mullets I’ve spotted.

2023 Stumupjumper Ltd is mullet- this isn’t the evo, this is the ‘trail bike’. One of only two 130mm or lower mullets I’m aware of.

LAST Coal and Glen both Mullet or 29.

Original poster - do fancy updating your front page with the full list? ;-)

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Or do we want to make a google sheet and just link it in the first post so he doesn’t have to keep updating it?

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
That's not a bad idea. I'll try to make a Google Sheet, and anyone who wants to edit it can PM me for editing access.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Google Sheet link is in the OP now. If you've wanted something added in last couple pages, PM me with whatever email address you use for Google and I'll give you editing permissions.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
New Knolly Endorphin is available in full 27.5 or Mullet.
Travel is 135 for the mx and 150 for the 27.5 but I know Noel has been running around on an Mx at 150...

1701502274249.jpeg

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Still not run out of linkages that hit every branch when falling out the ugly tree I see.
Good on ya Nolly

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Still not run out of linkages that hit every branch when falling out the ugly tree I see.
Good on ya Nolly
Ya, that diversion into bent top tubes was not the best aesthetically. Glad they are back to straight. Also they have taken swoop out of the downtube at the headtube junction as well. They way overdid the fork clearance thing. The new generation look much better IMO.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Looks like a 5 lands built frame to me.
Bikes are looking clean. Now they need to be high pivot and idler..come on @buckoW your falling behind brother...

Looks good .
Adam Prossie(Reeb fabricator)just finished exactly what you are asking for for my buddy Joe.
Instead of bending the downtube(very HARD to accomplish well with light, oversized steel) they butt welded some 3d printed “curves”.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Bikes are looking clean. Now they need to be high pivot and idler..come on @buckoW your falling behind brother...

Looks good .
I’m trying to figure out how to make a high pivot with the existing Gambler rear end. Seems possible? Getting the curves I’d like is tricky but I haven’t given up yet. No hurry though.

@Lelandjt No, that’s the steel Neko/5 Land Bikes steel front end like @SuspectDevice said.

@Happymtb.fr Yes!

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Any points for a brass shock bolt washer?
Brass is for musical instruments :boss:

Surprised you guys missed the valve on the front wheel.
I have built far too many wheels with this spoke pattern around the valve. Some I have rebuilt, some I just left as is. It's just like which spokes on the inside and the outside of the flange. I cannot bother... maybe I should?

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Brass is for musical instruments :boss:

I have built far too many wheels with this spoke pattern around the valve. Some I have rebuilt, some I just left as is. It's just like which spokes on the inside and the outside of the flange. I cannot bother... maybe I should?
Same for me. I don’t remember how I used to get it right when I worked at a shop a long time ago, haha.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Well crap, this has turned into a trend.
Trails are ripping, finish building bike, trails are shut down.
edit1.jpg

No background removal, that's just how it looks outside the garage right now.:(

Airdrop Edit MX out of Sheffield.
Bike is sweet so far, very clean build. Cable routing is 100% external with the old school hole in the bottom of the ST for the dropper. Very tidy and well thought out.

Full coil with Smashpot in a 170mm Lyrik, old school SRAM 11 spd with Shimano cassette, solid chain guide/basher, alloy 31.8 bars, Dominion brakes, DH casing tires. Bomb proof and porky.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Well crap, this has turned into a trend.
Trails are ripping, finish building bike, trails are shut down.
View attachment 209106
No background removal, that's just how it looks outside the garage right now.:(

Airdrop Edit MX out of Sheffield.
Bike is sweet so far, very clean build. Cable routing is 100% external with the old school hole in the bottom of the ST for the dropper. Very tidy and well thought out.

Full coil with Smashpot in a 170mm Lyrik, old school SRAM 11 spd with Shimano cassette, solid chain guide/basher, alloy 31.8 bars, Dominion brakes, DH casing tires. Bomb proof and porky.
That looks so mint. Indestructible kit too.

Bomb proof and porky.
How porky we talking?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Damn, not as bad as I thought, must be those XTR cranks. :thumb:
36.2#

I was thinking 37-38.
How much did the frame weigh?

If your scale isn't off, that's pretty good considering you have Dominions, full chain guide, dh casing tires and a coil shock.

What wheels are those?

Looks like a Kona from the good years :p