Quantcast

Mundane GMT

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Did a 45 mile deathmarch semi-legal race yesterday. Took a wrong turn and got an extra 5 miles and 2000 feet of climbing. It was brutal, and awesome.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I neglected to weigh myself before my pre-shower poop, but my post-shower encore poop was a solid 0.6 lbs. Not bad for a second effort.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The dumbf**ks that originally installed the faucets didn't use the threaded fittings - they just half-assed soldered things. Add to that a supremely $hitty location for one of them in the basement and you've got a recipe for good times... :mad:
Get yourself a house built and specify that you need all threaded easily accessed joints and see what kind of quote you get back.

Guy I worked with was a bit of a weirdo and when he had a house built he wanted everything easily accessible and maintainable. When he went to sell it, no one gave a shit and he lost his ass, this was when the market was booming.
Same thing goes for cars. Manufacturers could make a car that is easily maintained. But it would be expensive, slow and inefficient. People don't exactly line up for that kind of shit.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Get yourself a house built and specify that you need all threaded easily accessed joints and see what kind of quote you get back.
I can't imagine what a PITA this stuff must be like for people with finished basements... that said... I should have put a goddam shutoff valve in while I was f**king around with it. Sadly - I was too lazy. And FSM-willing I will sell this place long before the replaced faucets go bad again.

Guy I worked with was a bit of a weirdo and when he had a house built he wanted everything easily accessible and maintainable. When he went to sell it, no one gave a shit and he lost his ass, this was when the market was booming.
I try to tell people this when they line up to do remodel $hit RIGHT before putting a house on the market. But people are dumb and generally won't listen to reason.
Same thing goes for cars. Manufacturers could make a car that is easily maintained. But it would be expensive, slow and inefficient. People don't exactly line up for that kind of shit.
You keep your reasonable logic out of my rant, please. :mad:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
take consolation in the fact that there's absolutely nothing in detroit that terrorists would want to hijack an airplane for.
at least it isn't chicago...
Chicago is cool if you have the cash to get a nice hotel. The food scene is murican steakhouse and that's OK by me. Detroit isn't even fun with money and there is no food scene whatsoever unless you call Coneys at 3am in Hamatrack a food scene. Even the suburbs in Detroit are dangerous.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I got served a Subpoena on Friday for a friends child custody court case. He knows I can't go because of a work trip. He doesn't expect me to be there but by the letter of the law I can be held in contempt if I don't show. I know the judge makes the decision but not sure if the serving lawyer can say it is no big deal. Really stressed over the situation and kind of pissed my friend put me in this situation. If shit goes south for me that fucker better realize I can destroy his whole world with little more than a single text to his ex and current.

I called his laywer, scumbag hasn't called back. Called the court, they told me to call the lawyer.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
If shit goes south for me that fucker better realize I can destroy his whole world with little more than a single text to his ex and current.
Sounds like you are not exactly the person your friend wants to have saying the truth and nothing but truth in front of a judge.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sounds like you are not exactly the person your friend wants to have saying the truth and nothing but truth in front of a judge.
Very true, his best bet is an affidavit.

This guy has done some questionable things but he is without question a fantastic dad. I had the misfortune of witnessing his ex's boyfriend attempt to taunt him into a fight. It was clearly and orchestrated attempt to goad my friend into legal trouble. The mother had the child at the time and made no attempt to shield her from the experience, piece O'crap.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
...and another trail ride in shorts.

Today the local Dirt Roadie trail system finally opened after being closed for several weeks. I opted to go somewhere else to avoid the hoards of after work, skinsuit warriors. I rode a trail that is a masterful blend of tech and flow complete with roots, rocks, rhodos, and 800 ft. of elevation gain/loss. This place is only 35 minutes from a major metropolitan area, temps in the 70's and no one else was there. I had the whole place to myself.

:D

Last edited: