eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Thanks to strong coffee and a beautiful day I welcome my Monday overlords.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
teenage fanclub tonight....swervedriver weds night....spiritualized saturday night....not much sleep in my future....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Monderp, why you here so soon.

Weather is getting nice. Dirt track on Sunday was dry. Lil Man can now stand and pedal the whole track. Time to take him to the Lumberyard.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Horseshoe bend this morning then hitting the road towards Bryce Canyon NP. Wifey is sick so that puts a bit of a damper on things.

Considering picking up a new camera. My Nikon D600 was disappointing when we went into antelope canyon. Just doesn’t have good enough low light capabilities.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Much drinks, beer and sleep were had on the weekend. Had some great Hakka Chinese food last night. Tasty and spicy.

I need to get the cross bike lubed up and rolling. Things are melting here, need to get the legs moving in prep for some tasty dirt action!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
ohohohohohoh?

b0rk
duuuuuuude. tabarnac! ???

Me too.

I survived one more march break, and managed to get the kids out the door only 20 minutes late. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

Went on a ride yesterday despite painful elbow. It was ok conditions.

One of my buddies suggested that my pain sounded a lot like his when he had bursitis. A quick google search confirms that it seems quite likely. Will check in with the physiotherapist this week to confirm. If it is bursitis, I will be quite bummed. I feel like I worked pretty hard over the winter to stay in shape, working out 2x/week and riding 2 regularly. This injury seems timed to have me lose all my gains just before riding season starts. :(

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Still breathing. Had both girls solo most of the weekend while Wifey worked. Spent the 45min after dinner but before Hannah went to be working in the garage putting up new shelves. I'm trying to get all of my stuff off the ground and wall mounted to create space for two cars in the garage. I still need to put in a set of ceiling mounted racks and sell my work bench, as I'll be putting in a collapsing wall mounted one. (@6thElement do you want the workbench?) This is becoming a larger project than initially planned for, but I've wanted to get it done for over a year now.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
duuuuuuude. tabarnac! ???

Me too.

I survived one more march break, and managed to get the kids out the door only 20 minutes late. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

Went on a ride yesterday despite painful elbow. It was ok conditions.

One of my buddies suggested that my pain sounded a lot like his when he had bursitis. A quick google search confirms that it seems quite likely. Will check in with the physiotherapist this week to confirm. If it is bursitis, I will be quite bummed. I feel like I worked pretty hard over the winter to stay in shape, working out 2x/week and riding 2 regularly. This injury seems timed to have me lose all my gains just before riding season starts. :(
That's a bummer....

Can you get a trainer or take up unicycling?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Just got back from measuring an older BMW road circuit racer for some new graphics. Now....I think I'll spend the next hour and a half deciding where to eat for lunch while appearing to be really doing some heavy thinking.

180 years straight of rain has wrought madness upon my yard. I spent the weekend locked in an intense battle with it. I can now see a clear path from the road to my house, so I think I'm making progress. Four small men and an old guy with a wizard hat passed by me on the way back inside, so I would say we've got some intense work left to do.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Three more days at the ski shop until a monster mountain bike road trip...
Gonna ride with kiddo in
Salt Lake City
Gooseberry
Bootleg Canyon
Noble Canyon (no kiddo)
Laguna area for three days
(He’s gonna take surf lessons)
San Luis Obispo
Santa Cruz/ Soquel
San Francisco
Auburn
Elko

Can’t wait!

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Considering picking up a new camera. My Nikon D600 was disappointing when we went into antelope canyon. Just doesn’t have good enough low light capabilities.
are you sure it wasn't just the lens?
I was using a Nikon 24-70 F2.8. About as good as it gets. Methinks the camera is just a bit long in the tooth at this point.
wat

What ISO were you shooting at? Presumably wide open at f/2.8? How low light is low light here?

I am at work. Last day I worked was Tuesday. It feels odd. I also forgot to grab my bag of food off the counter, so might have to venture out to the cafeteria if what I did grab is insufficient.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
wat

What ISO were you shooting at? Presumably wide open at f/2.8? How low light is low light here?

I am at work. Last day I worked was Tuesday. It feels odd. I also forgot to grab my bag of food off the counter, so might have to venture out to the cafeteria if what I did grab is insufficient.
I was at 24mm, wide open at ISO 25,600 (extended, and the highest the camera goes) and could still only manage to get exposures at 1/15 of a second. It was darker, but it wasn’t that dark.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Still breathing. Had both girls solo most of the weekend while Wifey worked. Spent the 45min after dinner but before Hannah went to be working in the garage putting up new shelves. I'm trying to get all of my stuff off the ground and wall mounted to create space for two cars in the garage. I still need to put in a set of ceiling mounted racks and sell my work bench, as I'll be putting in a collapsing wall mounted one. (@6thElement do you want the workbench?) This is becoming a larger project than initially planned for, but I've wanted to get it done for over a year now.
I keep telling myself I will be able to fit 1 car in our 2 car garage some day. I built overhead storage so the wife could put more crap on the floor. :rofl:

But there is 3 rooms worth of crap while the 3 "guest rooms" are occupied until who knows when.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Saw Captain Marvel with Wifey and Haley yesterday. For those with girls, it's a serious 'go girl' Marvel movie. Haley had me add a bunch of music from the movie into her playlist afterwards and it was all from the ass kicking scenes. The music is all mid-90's, so it's pretty cool that it had enough impact for her to add music that quickly.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I was at 24mm, wide open at ISO 25,600 (extended, and the highest the camera goes) and could still only manage to get exposures at 1/15 of a second. It was darker, but it wasn’t that dark.
I would argue that if you're shooting at 1/15, f/2.8, and ISO 25,600 then it is indeed pretty damn dark. :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I keep telling myself I will be able to fit 1 car in our 2 car garage some day. I built overhead storage so the wife could put more crap on the floor. :rofl:

But there is 3 rooms worth of crap while the 3 "guest rooms" are occupied until who knows when.
our next door neighbor has a 2 car garage, only time we ever see a single car in there is when there's gonna be a blizzard. its usually full of junk. fun story: they've had a hot tub in their garage (not in use, just stored) ever since we bought our house. this past winter we had our hot tub installed. my wife and i are taking bets as to how long it takes before he tries to get his up and running :rofl:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Three more days at the ski shop until a monster mountain bike road trip...
Gonna ride with kiddo in
Salt Lake City
Gooseberry
Bootleg Canyon
Noble Canyon (no kiddo)
Laguna area for three days
(He’s gonna take surf lessons)
San Luis Obispo
Santa Cruz/ Soquel
San Francisco
Auburn
Elko

Can’t wait!
Try Doheney (Dana Point) for lessons; the break is relatively shallow and the bottom is sand. Otherwise, northside of San Clemente, Huntington, or Salt Creek (last option) are good options for lessons. The break at Laguna Beach is a beach break and will ruin you. There is a beach north of San Clemente by the DMV, I can't remember the name anymore, but the break is way out, shallow, and sand bottom. Great longboard beach and where I primarily went on mine when I was growing up. Salt Creek and Steps (next beach south) and both fast, shortboard breaks and the points are rock.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
back at le work . . . already planning for a fuckit friday. weather's supposed to be baller all week (sunny, upper50s/low 60s), so maybe get out locally one day too.

now . . . where to grab some lunch . . .

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Jesus. It's 2019. Why there are 20 forms I need to fill in when getting a new job 90% of which say the same shit. We can use the internet to screw up elections or start pogroms but we won't use the internet to make all the formalities of a new job easier. XXI century you fail me.