Quantcast

&& Mundane &&

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Went for a walk yesterday and trails are so packed down and velcro-e that I'm breaking out the summer bike for a ride.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hi folks! I'm here, I exist.

Rest of the week looks spectacular in terms of weather...of which each day I am working. I'll have to see if I can slip out for a ride and enjoy it while I can.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
hi folks! I'm here, I exist.

Rest of the week looks spectacular in terms of weather...of which each day I am working. I'll have to see if I can slip out for a ride and enjoy it while I can.
You got studded tires? It's still way too much ice that resists to melt here.

Morning. I too am going through the Monday panic. We have a major milestone on Thursday and boss is losing her mind.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
yoga 7/30 done. Waiting for temps to warm up a bit to head out for a ride.

Secured electrician yesterday. Almost all trades are secured except plasterer. With the high cost of materials during this never ending pandemic, I'm debating doing the plastering myself even though I've told myself I would never do that again.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Morning. I too am going through the Monday panic. We have a major milestone on Thursday and boss is losing her mind.
Are the trails still that icy? Report from my bro was 95% good, with some muddy sections, and a few super slippery ice patches.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Looked at a house yesterday that had this as a bathroom.

Screenshot_20210308-085411_Zillow.jpg

There's so much to unpack here, but let's appreciate the small details, like the drip line from the AC running through the ceiling and into a piece of electrical conduit fastened to the wall inside the shower.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
gonna just push on through this day...booked a beach house for part of the kids' spring break. gotta get summer trip to pnw settled this week too. blocked my calendar for weds b/c it's gonna be super nice and i want a day in the mtns, dammit. gotta clean myself up for some video spots at work this afternoon. first coffee did its job, now time for second cup.

carry on

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Looked at a house yesterday that had this as a bathroom.

View attachment 157471

There's so much to unpack here, but let's appreciate the small details, like the drip line from the AC running through the ceiling and into a piece of electrical conduit fastened to the wall inside the shower.
The industrial size rolls of TP are a nice touch. Some power pooping must be going on in there. I assume this is in a basement?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Are the trails still that icy? Report from my bro was 95% good, with some muddy sections, and a few super slippery ice patches.
you're both assuming sandwich is riding trails.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

lol no, roaddogg.

I do want to get back on the trails once it warms up, but we're in the "it's warm enough to ride, but you'll destroy the trails/it's too cold to ride comfortably" season.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Warm as a warm thing yesterday... as @Toshi mentioned he and I rode the same trail but like an hour apart. Like him, I was not riding at my most aggressive, and definitely slow-rolled some features I should have been driving a bit harder on. Unlike him, I kept all my blood inside my skin. Warm weather continues until it doesn't, so my plan shall be to take advantage and ride outside on dry dirt until it becomes less dry.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Warm as a warm thing yesterday... as @Toshi mentioned he and I rode the same trail but like an hour apart. Like him, I was not riding at my most aggressive, and definitely slow-rolled some features I should have been driving a bit harder on. Unlike him, I kept all my blood inside my skin. Warm weather continues until it doesn't, so my plan shall be to take advantage and ride outside on dry dirt until it becomes less dry.
Given that most of Denver, Lakewood and Littleton appeared to be parked at Dino Ridge and Red Rocks when S and I rode through early afternoon on the road. How many of them were stood in the middle of the trail on DR, @Toshi also?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
go pick out some flooring today
is that you, stoney?!
Given that most of Denver, Lakewood and Littleton appeared to be parked at Dino Ridge and Red Rocks when S and I rode through early afternoon on the road. How many of them were stood in the middle of the trail on DR, @Toshi also?
Yeah, tons of hikers. Not a ton of bikers but that's probably an illusion since we were moving along at about median pace.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
So many hikers. Not the most I've seen up there, but pretty close. Surprisingly, totally manageable though. I rode with Teh Canadian and a buddy of his, and all three of us remarked at how relatively easy it was to still ride even though the trail was super busy... DR is good for that since you never really get going that fast, there's reasonably good site lines in a lot of places, and it's relatively quick to get back "up to speed" since you were never going that fast to begin with. And everyone we encountered was really nice, everyone seemed to be happy to get out on a sunny day. We hit that section where there are a few optional jump lines right near a group that included 2-3 families, and all the little kids were cheering for us as we hit the jumps.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
one thing i'm glad about being able to DH again this year: no hikers, one way traffic. local trails are getting overcrowded with hikers, beginners, and strava warriors that sanitize everything

edit: the mountain/park i'm getting a pass to will be using RFID gates, so i won't even have to go into the lodge other than the one time to pick up my pass.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
happy national women's day

Screenshot_20210308-111236_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210308-111147_Instagram.jpg

sunny and 60....fucking A....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
At home. Girlfriend is doing her zwift thing - I should have brought earplugs home from work.

Enjoying a Pink Lady apple after lunch. I haven't seen these things in a while here. So good.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
day originally started off very quiet. So I planned a lunchtime sneak ride since temps are supposed to go waaaay above freezing for the next three days. Then shit got busy with work. still went for my ride. it was the right choice. work worked out (good thing for smart phones though!), and the trails were in great shape. Smashed 6 PRs in the process of having lots of fun! and I was even able to ride with a couple of buddies. so yup, good call on the day.