Quantcast

@#! Mung Day GMT !#@

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
worked from MIL's house in Durham this AM; work lunch in Chapel Hill...had to make a detour for a stout on the way back home...appt at 6:00 will make me unable to have a heat stroke w/ @SuboptimusPrime . back to CLT tomorrow AM.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali

Some people are pieces of shit

https://patch.com/tennessee/franklin/university-school-dean-charged-natchez-trace-hit-run-caught-video

FRANKLIN, TN — University School of Nashville's dean of students is charged with several crimes following a harrowing hit-and-run on Natchez Trace Parkway Saturday.

Marshall Grant Neely III, 58, of Franklin, was arrested Saturday and charged with felony reckless endangerment, leaving the scene of an accident, failure to immediately notify of accident and failure to render aid after allegedly hitting Tyler Noe of Nolensville with his Volvo and then speeding away.
How is he not getting charged with attempted homicide?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
also worth noting:

"The National Parks Service said rangers are meeting with the United States Attorney to determine if additional federal charges will be filed. "

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just got done with a flat 50 mile r0@d ride. No wind.
(We have 68 miles of off street bike paths here, I think it's the highest per capital in the country...otherwise, I would not r0@d ride...)
Most excellent. Now to eat tacos...

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
also worth noting:

"The National Parks Service said rangers are meeting with the United States Attorney to determine if additional federal charges will be filed. "
I saw that. I hope they are looking into the claims from another witness that he saw the same car try to hit another biker. That would be a good indication of intent.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Wow crazy people out there and a fully open road with tons of space to pass the bikes.

Finally got my Internet connection at home. 100mbps and 25 mbps up. Best thing the modem comes with a wireless router which can reach the whole house. Such a difference from living in an apartment and fighting wifi all around you. Plus this is on 30 Dollars a month.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have reached the point in my life where I now judge people and come to a final opinion based on how they walk.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I played tour guide for a couple of guys from out east on the local trails this weekend. It's crazy how you forget how tricky the trails are around here, and how people who have never really ridden a good bike don't understand how well modern bikes gobble up bumps in the trail. One guy did great, the other guy just about had a cardiac arrest halfway up the climb and needed to be lead back out. I think he made the right call... The rest of the ride was great.

Also, Monty the puppy seems to be getting the hang of pooping and peeing outside, which is excellent. I suspect he's also going to be a good trail dog. He stays even with the leader (on trail walks) and doesn't take off. I expect he'll be able to join me on rides by Christmas.

And big kudos to Competitive Cyclist for sorting me out on a defective XTR trail brake. One email and they had the replacement delivered to North Vancouver THE NEXT DAY. I shall be fondling my new carbon-levered beauties after work...

Motivation is low. Work is slow. Would rather be riding, yo, but gotta place some P.Os.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
We find our City Mini side by side double stroller very useful, especially when navigating airports. Thankfully we could buy it used (since we live in Stapleton, home to thousands of families with kids around our kids' age) since that shit's not cheap.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
We find our City Mini side by side double stroller very useful, especially when navigating airports. Thankfully we could buy it used (since we live in Stapleton, home to thousands of families with kids around our kids' age) since that shit's not cheap.
As long as you don't have to go through any doorways...Maybe the city mini is narrower...

We liked the "stacked" style for any kind of distance/shopping, etc... We kept that for quite a while. We've since moved on.

I picked up a double Bob for free at the local recycling yard when we first moved into our house. Like new. Almost made up for the price of the house...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
As long as you don't have to go through any doorways...Maybe the city mini is narrower...

We liked the "stacked" style for any kind of distance/shopping, etc... We kept that for quite a while. We've since moved on.

I picked up a double Bob for free at the local recycling yard when we first moved into our house. Like new. Almost made up for the price of the house...
29.75" width. Only place it was really out of place was in Japan--too big to fit in taxi trunks, super obtrusive on crowded trains.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
lol elaborate please

What kinds of walks are good or bad
Primarily just an idiot detector.

Dudes who hold their arms out super wide: a technique primarily used to make one seem bigger than the really are. Useful if you live in a predator/prey environment, not so much in the modern corporate work place, more than likely "looking big" is their only qualification in life.

The Strut: Someone who is trying to give off some kind of vibe, I don't know what it is but they look dumb and they probably are dumb.

The shuffle: Unless old this person is a lazy sack of shit and the only optional physical activity they perform is reaching for the remote over their voluminous guts.

The prance: pretty self explanatory

More than 90 degrees of motion in the elbow when walking at a normal pace: Grew up in Asia.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Went fishing (not fisting @Dirtrider :rofl:) and took a poop today. First poop since the hospital visit.

My day is done.

Primarily just an idiot detector.

Dudes who hold their arms out super wide: a technique primarily used to make one seem bigger than the really are. Useful if you live in a predator/prey environment, not so much in the modern corporate work place, more than likely "looking big" is their only qualification in life.

The Strut: Someone who is trying to give off some kind of vibe, I don't know what it is but they look dumb and they probably are dumb.

The shuffle: Unless old this person is a lazy sack of shit and the only optional physical activity they perform is reaching for the remote over their voluminous guts.

The prance: pretty self explanatory

More than 90 degrees of motion in the elbow when walking at a normal pace: Grew up in Asia.
I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this;

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Stripes have been blended in adequately. Still wearing a hat everywhere just in case.

Currently sitting at the bar drinking a Sculpin waiting for the FIL. Sitting alone at a bar = impetus for this post.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Is there a freeride version?