Quantcast

@#! Mung Day GMT !#@

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I just idle along quite close behind until they decide to ride single file...
I do this, but it gets bad on Skyline. You get guys that try to race each other on the downhills and can get 4 wide taking both lanes being jackasses. I wouldn't mind so much if they weren't slower than me.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
New neighbors moved in, a nice couple with kids from Atlanta, dude is a physician-robot-scientist @ Harvard. :panic:
I guess I have a contact if I need stronger robotic legs.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Neighbor's tree had a major branch start to fall over the fence. We looked at cutting it down, but realized it's the last major branch on this side of the tree. There is a pretty solid lean towards another neighbor's house, so I want nothing to do with the cutting of that branch. It will likely be coming down on our fence if they don't call an arborist soon.

Giddy.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Neighbor's tree had a major branch start to fall over the fence. We looked at cutting it down, but realized it's the last major branch on this side of the tree. There is a pretty solid lean towards another neighbor's house, so I want nothing to do with the cutting of that branch. It will likely be coming down on our fence if they don't call an arborist soon.

Giddy.
1. cut branch
2. hack into convenient lengths
3. build kiddie bunk bed out of it
4 ...
5. profit?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
New neighbors moved in, a nice couple with kids from Atlanta, dude is a physician-robot-scientist @ Harvard. :panic:
I guess I have a contact if I need stronger robotic legs.
Why did they get their kids in Atlanta?

Probably dentist lizards in disguise.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
wife wants a double stroller. i fail to see the value, older kid can walk.
There is no value. Other than maybe the fact that you can put a couple of cases of beer next to the little one...

We had a double-wide Chariot, barely ever used it, and sold it for no loss a couple of years later. The most use we got out of it was xc skiing when the older would get tired he could use it to rest a bit. But that was maybe 6 times, tops.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There is no value. Other than maybe the fact that you can put a couple of cases of beer next to the little one...

We had a double-wide Chariot, barely ever used it, and sold it for no loss a couple of years later. The most use we got out of it was xc skiing when the older would get tired he could use it to rest a bit. But that was maybe 6 times, tops.
i'm firmly against it. she keeps coming up with bullshit scenarios that will never happen to justify it. NOOOOOOOPE.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
We use our double stroller a ton as well. Never used the heavy as a tank tandem one but the side by side City Mini is the money, I tell ya. Going to the park, going to the zoo, going through airports, etc.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
This is why I won't ride on the road. Asshats everywhere. Is it legal to ride double wide in TN?
Too lazy to look it up but in most places you have the right to the whole lane if there isn't a bike lane. So unless there is a law against it you can ride double.

I'm with you. I'll climb a 500ft vertical wall with only a little piece of rope to save my ass but I too scared to ride a lot on the streets. Motherfuckers try to run into me in my big ass F150. No way I'm trusting those bunch of dumbdumbs on a bike.

I should mention that I ride to work or to the bars a few times a month but there are a series of bike/walking paths that keep me almost completely off the streets.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Too lazy to look it up but in most places you have the right to the whole lane if there isn't a bike lane. So unless there is a law against it you can ride double.
“In Mississippi and Tennessee, bicyclists are allowed to use the full lane of traffic to ride in when necessary. Federal regulations require bicyclists to ride single file, and riders are encouraged to move to the right to allow for vehicles to pass. It is also highly recommended riders wear high-visibility clothing and flashing front and rear lights. Vehicle drivers must provide a safe distance when overtaking and passing a bicyclist.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dr-gridlock/wp/2017/07/10/shocking-video-shows-moment-cyclist-was-struck-by-hit-and-run-vehicle/?utm_term=.27ad73977a42

So can use full lane but are supposed to be single file. Still doesn't excuse the attempted murder, but that biker was being a bit of an asshat.