Quantcast

@@@ Mungle day @@@

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Back in the office after being absent the last few days. The emails have piled up. :dead:

We got a short wind storm last night, which appears to have blown out some large limbs from the birch tree in the backyard. The one came down inches from the bbq and somehow also didn't smash all the potted flowers/plants nearby.

Got to work late and had to race to meetings. Need to go grab that first coffee to get rid of this haze.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Working 1 day this week and it already seems like too much. How do I get a 0 day a week job? Do I need to work for the government? Do I start an Only Fans?

rim is an enve m70, and the wheel was originally factory laced 2 cross by them with sapim cx ray spokes. the gen rim i have was notoriously stiff, and them lacing 2x was apparently pretty common so the resulting wheel was insanely stiff, at least on the front.
Although I'm a 3x till the day I die kinda guy, I'd say stick with 2x in this case. Those Enves are stupid stiff, all the pros were running them with minimal spoke tension to get the compliance and just rebuilding constantly. If they were otherwise fine for however long you've had them, I'd slap the new hub shell in there and run it 2x, by the time they fail again, if they fail again, you'll have gotten your money's worth and can snag a set of 29" wheels on the cheap when the industry moves on to 37" and you're forced to upgrade due to tire availability.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Just dropped cousin at airport, so vacation in CA cruising around to friends and other family begins. Drove their Sienna back from the airport. Not gonna lie, that thing is really nice... Like, more spacious than the Pilot, plenty of power to get around, luxurious enough. Part of me says "sell the All-road and get one", since I should be able to make more for the All-road than I bot it for.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Although I'm a 3x till the day I die kinda guy, I'd say stick with 2x in this case. Those Enves are stupid stiff, all the pros were running them with minimal spoke tension to get the compliance and just rebuilding constantly. If they were otherwise fine for however long you've had them, I'd slap the new hub shell in there and run it 2x, by the time they fail again, if they fail again, you'll have gotten your money's worth and can snag a set of 29" wheels on the cheap when the industry moves on to 37" and you're forced to upgrade due to tire availability.
i've been riding them about 5 years now, and the wheels were used to begin with.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I would stick with 2x, but that's just me. Sapim CX's are supposed to be among the best spokes you can get, if not the very best out there. I wouldn't toss em but just rebuild with the new hub.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I am here, trying to be normal (LOL). I've ridden 3 of the last 4 days, and moved all the patio hardware in between rides. Low HR variation, no breathing effects (seems like). Hoping to get back to some zone 2 grinds tomorrow morning.

Patio retaining wall stuff arrived, so it's BUILD THE WALL then fill in the gravel and figure out how to align the pavers. It's close!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I would stick with 2x, but that's just me. Sapim CX's are supposed to be among the best spokes you can get, if not the very best out there. I wouldn't toss em but just rebuild with the new hub.
that's kinda where i'm at right now, especially for the point mentioned re: the angle of the spoke hole in the rim.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Here. Just dropped cousin at airport, so vacation in CA cruising around to friends and other family begins. Drove their Sienna back from the airport. Not gonna lie, that thing is really nice... Like, more spacious than the Pilot, plenty of power to get around, luxurious enough. Part of me says "sell the All-road and get one", since I should be able to make more for the All-road than I bot it for.
Minivans are awesome for interior volume and utility.

Two things to chew on for you:

1) Cheap effective pricing of the Pacifica Hybrid since it’s a plug-in and gets full Fed and CO. Too bad CO’s only $2,500 these days down from $6k at its heyday.

2) Siennas are all (non PHEV, no credits) hybrids now but you can get AWD. Pacificas are AWD or PHEV but not both.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
yo @Rockland - yes to bike here, but unfortunately tied to doing stuff with my parents, then headed to nh on weds. hoping to take the kiddo to highland...someday i'll break free and make it up your way.