Quantcast

#@# mushroom growing in the car gmt #@#

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work. I don't have to be awake for another hour, but I have been up for one already. WTF?

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Well I have officially reached the saturation point of FTS. I think I will see how little I can do today and if anyone notices. On a side note I read that Disney is adding vegan option to their theme parks. Heres to a $27 garden burger and cauliflower fries. And a $45 mocktail. Hipsters unite.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Took a few minutes to sit down with my kids last night and watch Great Thunberg at the UN yesterday and her TED talk from a while back. It's so refreshing to hear someone speak so clearly and directly. I'm so tired of pivoting politicians...............

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
You know what annoys me? When somebody at work asks me if my coworker finished what she was working on. Why the hell are they asking ME? Why not ask the person who is doing the work? GOD DAMMIT.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got a surprise work email today. When I work with schools I usually go out and present at a staff meeting then go back the following week to meet with individuals. I've had hit or miss luck, where I might present to a HS staff of 50-60 and get 5-7 meetings, so a low rate.

Yesterday I presented to a small mountain elementary school and mid-way through the principal stopped me to call in her entire staff, not just the teachers. Went through everything again and passed out my sign-up sheet then left. With a small school I usually only expect 2-3 people to want to meet 1-1, but this time almost all of the staff signed up and there is an overflow as well. I even forgot that I gave them an unmodified sign-up sheet with a full day vs. my planned partial day.

Always glad when people are open to listen and find out if they are even on the right track to be able to retire someday. Worst case I can say "yes, you're doing good", best case we catch issues in advance.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I wish it was easier to get in a ride before work. I really hate the idea of getting up at 4:45 to drive to the gym in the dark, to ride a stationary bike in the gym for 45 minutes to go back home. All that while I have a perfectly good bike in the garage.

Other than that, been feeling pretty good lately. Solid in the gym actually lifting, doing 3 days a week full body work outs. Planning on moving to 4 day split next week. Feels good to see progress and not feel like a total tub of shit lately.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

I enjoyed not sitting in this traffic this morning (instead crossing over it on the overpass, on my bike). I do need to dust off my gloves for use in the morning, though--getting cold, especially when down by the creek.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Driving the Tesla is fun. It's a damn rocket ship. Getting rid of the M in addition to the Subaru in replacement would not be difficult because of said rocket and handling. I do miss performance AWD handling, having not driven it since the FXTI. Haley freaking loves it, even more than the M. While the math adds up, the fun math really adds up.

Side perk I just discovered yesterday at work - I have an internal who will put things manually onto my calendar and create things in TimeTap I can send out to clients to schedule meetings. Instead of having to manually do this crap in between meetings, I am now on RM. Win for me.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Yeah, the instant thrust + the low CoG from that pack along the belly of the car + legit double wishbones and all make for a nice package, eh?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So in Slopemonkey news, I see Vail Resorts has acquired Mount Snow. Possible ski trip out west just got a lot cheaper in the way of lift tickets, since I can upgrade my Mount Snow pass for $200 to include Breckenridge, Keystone, Vail, and Beaver Creek. SCORE.

Hmmm, thinking out loud here, we may need a second shorter trip out west later in the ski season. :think:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I will ski a day with you if you come out here. If someone can hook me up with a friends and family voucher off of an Epic pass, that is. :D

/me is Copper only this season pass-wise

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
So in Slopemonkey news, I see Vail Resorts has acquired Mount Snow. Possible ski trip out west just got a lot cheaper in the way of lift tickets, since I can upgrade my Mount Snow pass for $200 to include Breckenridge, Keystone, Vail, and Beaver Creek. SCORE.

Hmmm, thinking out loud here, we may need a second shorter trip out west later in the ski season. :think:
Despite Beaver Creek being the only reasonable resort in your list... yeah - that's a pretty good upgrade. Your pass also includes Park Shitty and Snowbasin. I'd suggest Utah, myself.

Oh, and Sun Valley. Idaho is nice. :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys

Demo day, not sure how I feel about it. I like what I built, but wouldn't go this route again which makes for an interesting sell. The reality is this task can be done with any number of tools. I chose this tool because based on the limited info I had on the project, it might be good. Not the best tool for this task, but I'm not married to any one toolset. I hope that part is a seller, I would use what I felt was the best for the project. Would it be this one? Maybe not, but it could be.

Yeah, not sure how I feel about it. If the job is mine, this is just an exercise. But I do really want this, so who knows. :panic:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Side perk I just discovered yesterday at work - I have an internal who will put things manually onto my calendar and create things in TimeTap I can send out to clients to schedule meetings. Instead of having to manually do this crap in between meetings, I am now on RM. Win for me.
1569341387138.png

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Driving the Tesla is fun. It's a damn rocket ship. Getting rid of the M in addition to the Subaru in replacement would not be difficult because of said rocket and handling. I do miss performance AWD handling, having not driven it since the FXTI. Haley freaking loves it, even more than the M. While the math adds up, the fun math really adds up.

nonono . . . fts. what your wife REALLY wants is an i-pace!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
nonono . . . fts. what your wife REALLY wants is an i-pace!
Shit... @Pesqueeb was trying to convince me to get a Polestar2 earlier today. Over $35k breaks the math. Arguably over $30k breaks the math, but selling the M fixes the math more better.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

what's the lead time on them these days?