Quantcast

Music in My Truck

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I am going to try the usb. @Sandwich your old iPod is directly feeding the stereo and being charged on the same connection?

Unfortunately anything requiring formatting files and Bluetooth won't be compatible with me. Remember I am a farmer.

I am driving a 2014 f150, just cleared 60k today and have had it for 2 years and 2 weeks.
Wait... do you have SYNC on that bad larry? If so... use bluetooth.

If no SYNC - yeah - the USB should work fine. USB is my "bail-out" strategy when someone is using my Spotify account (fuckin' kids) and I can't bluetooth it.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Yeah, impressively the USB plays all my files and even gives me names. There's a play setting for explore USB and it appears to be shuffle.

My mind is blown. This is way simpler and cleaner and better quality.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Upon further inspection 'explore USB' ain't shuffle. So I am looking at picking up an older ipod and connecting it through a usb charger.

In the meantime, I have access to lots of music on the USB drive, just no shuffle. Baby steps...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I am going to try the usb. @Sandwich your old iPod is directly feeding the stereo and being charged on the same connection?

Unfortunately anything requiring formatting files and Bluetooth won't be compatible with me. Remember I am a farmer.

I am driving a 2014 f150, just cleared 60k today and have had it for 2 years and 2 weeks.
hi

i have a direct connection (via special-boy box) into my radio. My car is a 2006. It's ipod direct, and allows me to skip songs directly through the radio rather than the ipod itself. My shit is old-school.

On yours, I imagine the usb would both charge and read the ipod, and you can probably control it right from your deck. I can't imagine that you can't find a shuffle setting for the usb stick itself. Almost all of the i-stuff is backwards compatible, so I can use my iphone6 in place of my ipod in my setup and it works just fine.