Quantcast

music recommendations

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
I need some help. The bartender at the hotel I'm staying at asked me to burn her a disc to play in the hotel bar. She really likes "She wants Revenge", but I don't know many other bands along those lines. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Potroast88 said:
I need some help. The bartender at the hotel I'm staying at asked me to burn her a disc to play in the hotel bar. She really likes "She wants Revenge", but I don't know many other bands along those lines. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Along those lines?

Bauhaus
Depeche Mode
Joy Division
Any other self-absorbed pansy band who sport black lipstick and keyboards from 1979 - 1986

:D

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Potroast88 said:
Yeah, I'm not really into any of those bands. AT ALL! Anything else?
That's exactly what She Wants Revenge are trying to sound like. They are on the super-retro-Goth-80's-synth thing, but without the originality or talent.

NTTAWWT.

:rolleyes:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
H8R said:
Along those lines?

Bauhaus
Depeche Mode
Joy Division
Any other self-absorbed pansy band who sport black lipstick and keyboards from 1979 - 1986

:D
hey, don't be calling Joy Division a pansy band!!!

potroast, i made a comp for N8 along those lines; i lost the playlist but maybe he can run a dupe for you.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
narlus said:
"dead souls" and "they walked in line" can stand against any of billy's finest.
I know. They're still pansies though.

:blah:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
narlus said:
does this look like a pansy to you?

on 2nd thought, skip that question.

On second thought, it doesn't get more ambiguous than this:

:looney:

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
H8R said:
That's exactly what She Wants Revenge are trying to sound like. They are on the super-retro-Goth-80's-synth thing, but without the originality or talent.

NTTAWWT.

:rolleyes:
Plus he sounds like the dude from the B-52s. :dead: Possibly he most annoyingly monotone singing voice ever.