Quantcast

Music that hits you

korked7

Monkey
Aug 8, 2002
Park City, Utah, USA
Im a music lover. If it wasnt for music I probably wouldnt be around. Theres alot of music out there that has really emotional (no, not emo) stuff in em. Alot deals with really important and personal issues. Some lines just hit me really hard. Like, 1 line can make me feel so many different things its crazy. Are there any lines that hit you. Are there any lines that make you think, sad, happy, thoughtful... anything?

In a song called Crack Pipes by Sage Francis theres a line where he says "Its like a whirl wind of emotions that occures when moms and dads fight." For some reason it hits me. My parents never really fought a ton. But when they did I always got a weird feeling.

Anyway... Lets see some of your picks for heavy hitting lyrics!

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
David Wilcox... every word rings true. I recently discovered Joseph Arthur and like him alot too, he would be more palateble for someone with more youthful tastes.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Oh man, Sage Francis is sooooo good. I love that guy... "Don't waive your rights with your flags."

I also like Rise Against a lot: "These worlds collide, but the distance remains. We point the finger, never accept the blame."

korked7

Monkey
Aug 8, 2002
Park City, Utah, USA
"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester. Treat me like a God or they treat me like a lepper. You see me move back and fourth between both. Tryin to find a balance, I'm tryin to build a balance" that line is crazy too. Its like so many people think you're so many different things it makes you lose sight of who you actually are... music is super powerful...

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
"Trying to Find a Balance" is by Atmosphere. I like them.

"Hello ma'am, would you be interested in some sexual positions and emotional investments?" (wait, can you say "sexual" in Utah?)

korked7

Monkey
Aug 8, 2002
Park City, Utah, USA
dexterq20 said:
"Trying to Find a Balance" is by Atmosphere. I like them.

"Hello ma'am, would you be interested in some sexual positions and emotional investments?" (wait, can you say "sexual" in Utah?)
yea but you cant b sexual... saying it and being it r 2 different things