narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
hmmmm......i'll see what my computer will let me do..

gracias.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Any ideas on disc 2? Not working for me. Awesome compilation. I like the music on the list that I know so much that I'm sure I'll enjoy the heck out of the stuff I've never heard of.

Thanks!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Any ideas on disc 2? Not working for me. Awesome compilation. I like the music on the list that I know so much that I'm sure I'll enjoy the heck out of the stuff I've never heard of.

Thanks!
it should work now...there was a typo in the tray insert (i'd included the Malkmus song, but it was already on disc 1) so i re-uploaded the zip file...the name is the same, so it should work ok.

Haitiracers

Chimp
May 9, 2005
Reading, PA
Many thanks. Always looking for new music and you always post some great bands. Calexico has become one of my favorites and I can't wait to see what else is great out of these.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
I checked out Mogwai after you recommended them a couple of months ago and I've practically worn out my copy of "the Hawk is Howling" ever since. They absolutely blow me away.
I was listening to my Mogwai station on Pandora a few minutes ago while I was messing around the house and a song caught my attention. It was "Shelter" by Neurosis. I hadn't really got into them all that much, but if the rest of "the Eye of Every Storm" is half that good, I might just become a fan.

Haitiracers

Chimp
May 9, 2005
Reading, PA
i figured the white t was an emo calling card, matching yr white belt.

i guess my guess was errant. . . so now i'm curious; what sorts of sounds set yr eardrums ablaze this year?
Sorry for having to bastardize a thread about such good music but you did ask.

The only explanation I can think of for "yupinmywhitetee"

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
the hole i live in must be really deep, i've never heard of any of those bands or songs...
Um:poster_oops: I've only heard of Neil Young and the Drive By Truckers.

But, hey, I'm 45 goddamn years old, I'm a crusty bastard!

(but I'm downloading anyway to try something new.):redface:

Thanks Narlus:cheers:

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
Coming in to that Mountain Goats song, the crunchy guitars were not what I was expecting. Loved it. I was having a hard time imagining how a Mountain Goats soung made your "best of" list. It makes sense now.