Quantcast

Musical chair game 2016 or Teh offseason prophecy

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
If Gwin is back on a Trek the Internet will crash like it was supposed to for Y2K. Imagine Gwin winning every race + world champs on a Session? Bruni on a session would be almost equally as scary for the rest of the field.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Two out of his now three total ain't good enough for you? Those first two were on trek.

That dude had plenty of leverage of his own when he left. He used it.

edit: akkordin' to this here wiki, he's actually the first ever murkin uci world cup champ.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UCI_Mountain_Bike_World_Cup#Downhill

Dayum, is that right?
I agree he has plenty of leverage to use now or in the future. He's a conservative americans marketing dream. He's a class act, he's all american apple pie kinda guy, he's someone they can market to both kids and adults alike, etc. Trek paid him whatever they paid him, Specialized saw the chance to get the biggest available american onto their team and they paid him whatever trek paid him and probably then some. His performance suffered on a different bike for a bit of time. He's in the prime of his career, both in terms of performance and age. I can't think of many brands that could pay him the way Trek or Specialized can now, he's used to the bike he's on now, he's back on top. Why risk a few more of his prime years at this point to re-develop another bike and potentially have his performance suffer again to switch? When he can stay with the company that probably has some of the deepest pockets in the industry to go somewhere else?

I could be wrong, I was wrong once before in my life when I thought I was wrong but I was actually right, so I dunno if you want to call that a wrong or not :banana: that's just my logic is all. We'll all see how it plays out. But if I was in Gwinny's shoes I'd keep on Gwinning right where I was at and I'd keep on getting paid. That is, unless the Big S can't match the big bucks of someone else.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Looks like he purposely smeared ferret shit over the logo on his bars. Must be a pretty big secret to got those extremes!

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I just pulled it into photoshop, separated the layers and you can read it pretty clearly.

Says "BOYDICK"

Not sure what that means. Is that a good brand? Any experience with Boydick? You like that stuff? How do they feel on your hands?
I think that's an Italian brand based out of Rome, and they don't make crabon models, because...ya know...the whole suicide thing and all.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Interesting that he felt the need to MS Paint that out...
I'm off the back on all the specific team and component sponsorship, but I thought the Gravity Republic and Lapierre relationship had ended.

EDIT - linky:

https://dirtmountainbike.com/news/all-change-at-team-lapierre-gravity-republic.html#iLCYDDRZI2wptAy2.97

So at least the WC-DH deal has ended, but I'm not sure if or how that affects component sponsorship.

EDIT2 - Also interesting to see the fairly significant rise on that bar compared to his usually set ups, which generally seem to be pretty low rise affairs. And yes, I checked to see if SCB makes a highrise bar, and I didn't see one on their site.

Last edited:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
From the John Hall interview, thanks for sticking with me?

Anyone who knows John knows the kind of genuine person he is, and I'm very thankful to have him on my team. I'm looking forward to more good times and great years ahead. Thanks for sticking with me, broseph! - Aaron Gwin

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Gonna say that Graves' shout outs to his old Yeti bikes and history with the team on social media are unexpected and cool, and he is a class act. I don't think I've really seen that happen before.