Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
What would Gwin want in his new bike? Let's let history and maybe newish fads guide us through his ultimate race bike.

No chain, cuz it'll just break.

No brakes, cuz they'll just fail.

No rear tire since it'll just peel right off the rim and get Stan's everywhere

Goon air-able

Rockfloating capabilities

flag holder ('merica!)

else?

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
The German publication Freeride is reporting the worst kept secret in mountain biking; Aaron Gwin will be riding YT Industries bikes for the 2016 World Cup DH season. YT has joined forces with KTM and Audi, and Gwin’s existing sponsor Red Bull to form a Germanic alliance for the American rider.
Hilarious that a guy who drives a FOX(TM)-vinyl-wrapped F O R D braaaaptor is now sponsored by an emissions-cheating German car manufacturer whose core demographic of buyers are single males 25-35 that care about 'fitment' and 'stance', but still bring their cars into the dealership for a lightbulb change because that would involve taking apart the entire front bumper of a shitty car.

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Does anyone think the Gwin thing jumped the shark? I was all over it and pretty psyched to hear the new news but at this point it's kinda like 'cmon'...I can't be the only one getting sick of it at this point no?

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
This picture looks photoshopped. You can see by some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few photoshops in my time.
I have to disagree, I think if you look at the color of the dirt, it's a perfect match. Which shows that photo is 100% legit. I do question his riding boots, but, I heard that he wanted additional support and shin protection, so that could be legit too.

dude...do you seriously think 99% of the people posting in this thread ever gave even one fuck?
:rofl:
I gave a partial fuck just because I am interested in DH racing, but now that it's been a cliffhanger ooooh secret surprise bullshit for so long I give no cares anymores. Sorta....ok, you're right, I never really cared.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I'm looking forward to vital raw showing some sweet ass videos of Gwin hauling ass on his new bicycle. Also some of their race slideshows with fucking amazing pictures by Sven and crew, no matter what bicycle Gwin is on.

But while those are in the off season, I'm passing mountain bike internet time by inane speculation and spotting photoshops. Would literally be impossible for me to care less about who he rides for.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Oh, be still my beating heart! God, I genuinely wish, with all my being that aaron gwinn was actually this interesting. :(
There hasn't been an actually interesting Pro DH racer since Palmer... there won't be another ever again.

Lemmy and Bowie are dead... Beiber and Kanye apparently do it better.

It's quite a show

:cray:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
ALL current UK WC DHers are just nice wee lads with very supportive parents.

our definitions of "interesting" probably clash somewhat.