Quantcast

Musical Listening Test

what did you score?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
what with the song of the day threads and all, i thought this might be interesting:

http://www.delosis.com/listening/home.html

thelinkedstudy said:
Welcome to the Musical Listening Test

We are interested in studying musical perception ability in the general population. The following test, developed by Isabelle Peretz (University of Montreal), takes less than 10 minutes. It involves listening to pairs of tunes and deciding whether they are the same or different. We will give you your score at the end.

In order to take the test you need to have speakers or headphones attached to your computer.
it's fun (in my opinion, at least), and by taking it you provide data for an interesting research subject, of the heritability of musical listening prowess.

once again: http://www.delosis.com/listening/home.html

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
gastro said:
What's the BurlyShirley, is that a dance of some sort?
it's a dance where you pretend you're picking up the ol' soap on a rope, while backing it up, of course

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
nah, the cheapass apple ones, right after i listened to the first one. Grados are in my room, and i didn't feel like getting up.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
the Inbred said:
nah, the cheapass apple ones, right after i listened to the first one. Grados are in my room, and i didn't feel like getting up.
couldn't you have just unplugged the headphones and let the speaker take over? sheesh, such laziness :D . one would think that pride/shame over posting a result worse than chance would motivate you

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
27/30

i guess wilco didn't blow out my tympani totally, after all.

the stapeus, mallus, and incus can still vibrate accordingly. some spellign errors may have occurred.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Thank you for your participation. You scored 27 out of 30.
that was really time consuming. i think toward the end i just spaced out because i just wanted to get it over with.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
20 out of 30.

I guess driving around with loud droning straight pipes and no ear plugs has taken its toll.

What? Eh?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
the Inbred said:
i'm really surprised how many people are getting 26+
the people who are getting less aren't voting

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
there are still a few prominent self-promoters, er, i mean, posters :D in the "what bands have you played in" thread that haven't faced the light here...

:think:

:oink: :oink:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Westy said:
21/30. I was really guessing the whole time, couldn't focus on what to listen to.
Same here, and I got a 20. The funny thing is I'm ususally good at this stuff, but I do play the drums. :D :rofl:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Bicyclist said:
Same here, and I got a 20. The funny thing is I'm ususally good at this stuff, but I do play the drums. :D :rofl:
"do you think you can sing in tune, but other people say that you can't?"

:think: :D