Quantcast

MUST DO Downhill & Enduro events for 2014?

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
Hey guys, just wanted to get some input on the "MUST DO" EVENTS for 2014 - for Downhill & Enduro racing. With US racing such a mess we won't be following a full series, so i'm looking to put together a list of BEST EVENTS for my team's 2014 calendar, which will also dictate where i'll be sending the trailer, etc.

I've heard good things about the Oregon Enduro Series, as well as Big Mountain Enduro... but which events are best? What's goin out back east? (gotta be near the world cups)

So far, we'll be hitting up the 2 north american world cups (a few of my guys may possibly do most of the WCs), the NW Cup (Port Angeles & probably Mt Hood), Kamikaze Bike Games in Mammoth,...

What else is there in the "MUST DO" Category. I'm talkin about great tracks, great town, & great atmosphere. I want to have some fun while i'm there! :D

(BTW, I know dates aren't set yet... i'm just lookin for an idea of what to look out for & see what we can schedule in.)

thanks!

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Crankworx Whistler's Canadian National Enduro is on my own 'must-do' list for next year. Port Angeles Underworld Cup DH is another. A Cascadia Dirt Cup enduro at Dry Hil, Capitol Forest or Tiger Mtn should be considered.

Last edited:

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
I've heard good things about the Oregon Enduro Series, as well as Big Mountain Enduro...
skip the oregon enduro. Look for the cascadia dirt cup instead.

CDC had there timing dialed, results showing up 20-30min after racers completed, all ammenites needed ( portapoopers, ect) and they gave a huge chunk of cash back to all the trails. From there website:

The CDC is a non-profit program and includes a coalition of event promoters, racers, trail advocacy
groups and very generous sponsors with shared vision and goals for mountain biking in our great state
of Washington.

Our purpose is to raise funds and support for local mountain bike trail advocacy groups while producing
a great race series. Costs associated with this series are offset through generous sponsorship and
support from industry leaders. This means that from the funds generated by your registration, we’re
able to make a bigger donation to the trails we all love to ride. We feel there is no better way to
accomplish this than the social and competitive nature of enduro racing and a festive environment for
the whole family. See you on the trails and at the races.

http://cascadiadirtcup.org/

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I enjoyed the ESC enduro I did at Killington last summer. Of course it was my first and only race last year, so take it fwiw. But I enjoyed it, and my buddy who races dh here in Ontario said it was a step above any of the races here in terms of organization.

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
Hit an eastern states cup dh or two while in the north east for the world cups. Dates aren't out yet but it I bet there will be races around the dates of the world cups!

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
Hit an eastern states cup dh or two while in the north east for the world cups. Dates aren't out yet but it I bet there will be races around the dates of the world cups!
what he said... definitely Sugar Bush real track goes down the whole way not much pedaling fast fast fast part of the Grand Prix in 2012....Hopefully Jiminy Peak returns as a venue for ESC place is tech. Then of course Windham if there are races prior or between N.A. World Cup stops. If Killington runs the old Beauty and the Beast grass DH track that is a must hit too. If not Killington is perfect for Enduro Racing

Find out when the Quebec Cups are at Bromont if at all this year....

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Do the cascadia series, heard some very sombering news from friends that are very close to the Oregon Enduro Series...Apparently the dude running the OE really blows as an individual, and is running himself out of town. Cascadia will take over.