Quantcast

Must rides in San Jose/Saratoga/Los Gatos

In town to visit my wifes parents and wanted to explore some of the mtn biking here.

Anybody recommend some good singletrack in Saratoga/San Jose/Los Gatos/Santa Cruz area? My wife is a intermediate rider and likes smooth rolling types of trails nothing to tech. A friend in Los Gatos mentioned a place called demonstration forest, but it sounds more in line with what I like to do-steep and technical???? Anybody point me in the right direction?

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Do Demo. Take Tractor to the bottom. Very smooth and flowy and fast. If you drop Braille or Sawpit, you're in for a gnarly ride.

I'll be there tomorrow, at 8am. You can follow us to the top, and then from there we can show you the way down Tractor, but we'll be headed down Sawpit... more of an All-mountain/techinical DH kinda' thing (not really DH, but about as DH as you get at Demo).

We got in late today and just rode saratoga gap trail, which was a nice xc ride and very close to my wifes parents house. May head out to Demo tomorrow if I can convince the wife she can go down a non technical run (tractor). Thanks for the info.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
If you see me up on the trails, I'll be the only idiot stupid enough to be riding a single-ring up front, on my bright red Iron Horse 7point. Say, "Hi". My name's Mike.

Glad you liked Gap. I loved Saratoga Gap until I got a ticket for a descent on a closed trail, going the wrong direction, and trail damage. Ouch.

Thanks for the info Mike. We head out tomorrow, but we come back often and next time we are bringing our own bikes and saving more time to ride here. We have been in Cali for 10 days now and rode at lake Tahoe, Mammoth, Santa Barbara and here. If you are ever near Asheville, NC pm me and I'll tell you how to get to the goods.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Nice man! Thanks! I've got family near Charlotte, but I haven't been out there since I was in Junior High. It's been like 13 or 14 years.

Glad you enjoyed some local trails!