Quantcast

mutant bikes cromo bar

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
haha, word. Silenced.

Looks cool, but hard to judge a bar by looks kinda. Maybe they are relabeled FireEye bars, or from same factory?

sorry, what are the specs? bend, sweep, rise, width? Did it say in the link? My computer is so slow that clicking links can kill my net surfing sesh.

JJJKKK

Chimp
Dec 8, 2007
haha, word. Silenced.

Looks cool, but hard to judge a bar by looks kinda. Maybe they are relabeled FireEye bars, or from same factory?

sorry, what are the specs? bend, sweep, rise, width? Did it say in the link? My computer is so slow that clicking links can kill my net surfing sesh.
Might be the same as these...

Material: CRMO 4130 multibutted
Width: 680mm
High: 85mm
Backsweep: 8
Upsweep: 6
Weight: 400 Gr

Though there's less holes than what's on Mutant's bar... Also the new Gusset Open Prison looks just like Aktarus (holes etc.) and got same specs.

They flex a bit due to very very thin tubing but I personally like the sweeps and all..

I will try these next though they're titanium. I'm curious about the sweeps!

Rise: 2.95"
Backsweep: 6°
Upsweep: 3°
Width: 630mm
Weight: 250g

22.2 + plastic 25.4 shim

Edit: Then theres the NPJ Wonderbar too... stronger but heavier too.

- 9x butted
- length: 63cm
- weight: 437g

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Might be the same as these...

Material: CRMO 4130 multibutted
Width: 680mm
High: 85mm
Backsweep: 8
Upsweep: 6
Weight: 400 Gr

Though there's less holes than what's on Mutant's bar... Also the new Gusset Open Prison looks just like Aktarus (holes etc.) and got same specs.

They flex a bit due to very very thin tubing but I personally like the sweeps and all..

Sorry if I missed this, I'm not around here all the time -- What bike is that? Is it yours? Do you like those bars? Do you have a shot of the whole bike from the side? Thanks.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
the mutant bars seem alot wider than the Aktarus. also like you said there's an extra drilling on each side.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
yeah, I like most of those bars, especially the 3" + rise stats.... but most all of the euro bars are so skinny, I don't like that.

I'm not sure about the Candida stuff. Cool company, just not for me I guess, although I can respect. It seems to be blowing up bigger in Europe more than I expected it would actually.

and what about these:
Good ol' smooth movin' S&M american steel. 27.5" wide X 5" rise, and awesome sweep/bend.
I even have some old S&M Slam stickers I was gonna throw on just for fun as a wannabe, haha....

I just mounted them up in a test, but they are too tall actually (although I haven't ridden with them yet, still in snow). I would at least need a drop stem, instead of my 0deg kink.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Interesting group of chromo bars - although it seems like all of them are Euro only - or you have to order thru a Euro supplier.

Out of all them - the NPJ Wonderbar looks the best in terms of bend - although I don't know the up and back dimensions.

Satori - those S&M bars are cool. I have some OG Gay Bars that I'm keeping just in case - the bend and rise of them is perfect for a cruiser but at 5" rise they are just a bit too tall for my Molly. I'd love to try a 3.5 or 3.75" bar w/ a really low and small cross bar so they don't look like 2 piece CW bars.

I have a few pairs that I had Solid bend up for me. The dimensions are mostly there except for the back sweep which ended up coming out to 5 deg on the first batch and weirdly enough only 3 of the 2nd batch were a slightly better 7 deg back - I had spec'd 10 deg back. They aren't perfect but I've gotten used to the 7deg back ones and I'll run them until something much better comes around.

NemPro's chromo bars should be added to the list although they were a little on the short side at least for me. The back sweep felt great tho. And I like the radius on the bends from the stem to the grip area.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
and what about these:
Good ol' smooth movin' S&M american steel. 27.5" wide X 5" rise, and awesome sweep/bend.
I even have some old S&M Slam stickers I was gonna throw on just for fun as a wannabe, haha....

I just mounted them up in a test, but they are too tall actually (although I haven't ridden with them yet, still in snow). I would at least need a drop stem, instead of my 0deg kink.
Shoot me a PM if/when you decide to get ride of them. They look perfect for my cruiser.

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
Interesting group of chromo bars - although it seems like all of them are Euro only - or you have to order thru a Euro supplier.

Out of all them - the NPJ Wonderbar looks the best in terms of bend - although I don't know the up and back dimensions.

Satori - those S&M bars are cool. I have some OG Gay Bars that I'm keeping just in case - the bend and rise of them is perfect for a cruiser but at 5" rise they are just a bit too tall for my Molly. I'd love to try a 3.5 or 3.75" bar w/ a really low and small cross bar so they don't look like 2 piece CW bars.

I have a few pairs that I had Solid bend up for me. The dimensions are mostly there except for the back sweep which ended up coming out to 5 deg on the first batch and weirdly enough only 3 of the 2nd batch were a slightly better 7 deg back - I had spec'd 10 deg back. They aren't perfect but I've gotten used to the 7deg back ones and I'll run them until something much better comes around.

NemPro's chromo bars should be added to the list although they were a little on the short side at least for me. The back sweep felt great tho. And I like the radius on the bends from the stem to the grip area.
A little on the short side...? Last I heard - they were run at 29" lengths....

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
I think he means the short'ish 2.6" rise. :busted: or maybe he rode some cut ones? Yeah, mine are about 28.5" wide uncut.
yup, exactly - the Nem Pro's are wicked wide - no problem there and I actually like my bars at 26" so I can still do x's.

I guess I should have said they are a little on the low side - for me as 2.6" rise is probably plenty for most people.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Nice. Where can I buy them?
In the link you quoted it does say, sorta:

"These bars will be available in 3 colors (black, white and orange) and should be available in our distributors for May / June"

And their contact page lists their 3 European distributors.

So for now = Vaporware. :)