Quantcast

mutter mutter mumble mutter.....

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I just got my first corporate hosing.

Since day one, I've been whining (as is my wont), about how a certain thing we do here is completely retarded and that the Boeing method is much better. Well lo and behold, my boss called a meeting today to inform us that he has had a GREAT idea and that he was going to pitch this idea to the higher ups. It bears a STRIKING resemblance to what I've been saying....and the idea appeared to strike him right after he saw it (sort of) in practice....on my drawing. That'll learn me I guess...... Keep my good ideas to myself, until I can share them with someone important.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Document all whinings that could be considered productive in emails. If not to rub it in your boss's face when he does something like this, at least save it for review/raise time as proof that you are not just another leather vest wearing peckerwood.

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
i normally do this:

1.- pass all the ideas to my boss in a way that he understands arround 20% (geek speak and all)
2.- encourage him to present this idea as his in a meeting or such

3.- people start asking questions to him, he doesnt know the answers, he publicly asks me
4.- in the end everybody knows who's idea it was....

jejejeje

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Westy said:
Document all whinings that could be considered productive in emails. If not to rub it in your boss's face when he does something like this, at least save it for review/raise time as proof that you are not just another leather vest wearing peckerwood.
Definitely.

I'd talk to him about it.:mumble:

J

JRB

I think that the best answer is to leg hump him in a staff meeting. Let them know, who's whose bitch.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
If he makes a point of stealing your ideas then feed him bad ideas. Just think of the cost savings if the number and quality of bolts holding on the rotors was reduced!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
toyoya.com

They encourage their employees to make suggestions and to make things better, that's why they kick Detroits ass.

Worst American catch phrase ever: "Don't work too hard"