Quantcast

MX Des Nations

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Just watched it live on TV, was great, the track was not the best i've ever seen but there was some great racing and fantastic passing, stand-out man for me was Ben Townley, ripper, I hope he tears it up in the US next year.

Congrats to all you yanks, a totally deserved win, that little ginger fella is untouchable! World's greatest racer-----probably.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Akula_7 said:
Just watched it live on TV, was great, the track was not the best i've ever seen but there was some great racing and fantastic passing, stand-out man for me was Ben Townley, ripper, I hope he tears it up in the US next year.

Congrats to all you yanks, a totally deserved win, that little ginger fella is untouchable! World's greatest racer-----probably.
yeah man, Townley is a hero over on Mototalk right now. Everybody is talking about that kid. Mad props for staying that close to RC.

where are you from?

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
motomike said:
yeah man, Townley is a hero over on Mototalk right now. Everybody is talking about that kid. Mad props for staying that close to RC.

where are you from?

Im Irish man, live right in the middle, no mountains or hills for at least 1 and half hrs, so I just ride MOTO and my Mini, mainly mini, less hassle, less money and i can just ride out my garage door, most fun you can have with your cothes on!

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Akula_7 said:
Im Irish man, live right in the middle, no mountains or hills for at least 1 and half hrs, so I just ride MOTO and my Mini, mainly mini, less hassle, less money and i can just ride out my garage door, most fun you can have with your cothes on!
I hear ya on that one! mini's rock the house. I'm thinking about getting another one. I really miss it...

trialsmasta

Monkey
Oct 19, 2001
Austin TX
We don't get much GP coverage in the US but Isn't Everts faster than Townley? If Townley is racing in the "lites" stupid name for the "MX2" which is another stupid name for thr 125cc class he's going to have his hands full with Hepler, Short and and much as I hate to say it Langston and Alessi. Either way it should be an awsome race season. But if hes hanging with RC (despite the course probably looking like a roadbike track) Lites class better bring their A game.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
At what point does the former world champion, Grant "the sandbager" Langston, move up to the "Supercross" (250cc) class? He is such an a$$. After watching the Glen Helen coverage, I can now see what fired up Alessi to act like a punk. Langston cut the track and practically ran into Alessi. Alessi's pass was clean.

trialsmasta

Monkey
Oct 19, 2001
Austin TX
I missed the f'in race. DAMN OLN!!!!. Langston??? get his ass handed to him in the 250's when he can have a "factory" ride in the 125's? Thats a no brainer. The boy has mad skills but the 250's right now are stacked with talent. Alessi takes the cake. What scum. There is no way his reputation will ever recover after Glen Helen, clean pass on not on the Zulu Warrior. Trying to grab your competitions kill switch is the lowest a sportsman can do. I hope someone kicks his ass, but it will have to be somone under the age of 18 so they don;t do jail time.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
It's questionable if he went for the kill switch when you see the OLN footage from the reverse angle. Agreed though, he should have got on his bike and took off instead of screwing around with Ivan.

You have to see the start of moto #2 when team green bashs the snot out of him off the start.

trialsmasta

Monkey
Oct 19, 2001
Austin TX
Alessi is gonna get it next year. I few elbows off the start ain't squat for what hes in for. KTM is starting to look like the douche bag team. Hansen and Alessi the image every race team strives for :D

Banga

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Wellington, New Zealand
trialsmasta said:
We don't get much GP coverage in the US but Isn't Everts faster than Townley? If Townley is racing in the "lites" stupid name for the "MX2" which is another stupid name for thr 125cc class he's going to have his hands full with Hepler, Short and and much as I hate to say it Langston and Alessi. Either way it should be an awsome race season. But if hes hanging with RC (despite the course probably looking like a roadbike track) Lites class better bring their A game.

Townly is another Kiwi who usually races MX1 but in de nations you only have one rider in each class, MX1,MX2 and MX3 townly rode MX3 which is 450s I think, Townly is sitting in 3rd overall in MX1 behind a Coppins(another Kiwi boy) and Everts.

trialsmasta

Monkey
Oct 19, 2001
Austin TX
Unfortunatly there is talk about fining Walker for riding backwards on the track. Very dangerous yes, but an honorable thing to do for a team mate.

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
Alessi = Rhyno part II, perhaps: super fast with a wicked temper and questionable ethics on the track when things get hot. Fitting and ironic that mister "Believe the Hype" should pull that stunt at Hughes' last race.

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
RC has been running that extra visor thing at various races for a long time, Bubba does too. The visors that come on the Fox helmets are not as long as the riders would like I guess so they add that little extra bit to deflect roost (they only wear them on looser or rocky tracks). I think they use clear so that they can still see with their head down, and also to keep Fox from looking like they made their visors too short.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Acadian said:
extra set of clear goggle lens tapped to the tip of his visor.

Peaty was explaining this in Fundamentals (i.e. tips for racing in the mud/rain)
oh, that's why I don't know about it..I refuse to learn from my mistakes or take training or riding advise....I like living oblivious... :stupid:

trialsmasta

Monkey
Oct 19, 2001
Austin TX
James | Go-Ride said:
Alessi = Rhyno part II, perhaps: super fast with a wicked temper and questionable ethics on the track when things get hot. Fitting and ironic that mister "Believe the Hype" should pull that stunt at Hughes' last race.
I don't think Alessi has a temper like Hughes, Alessi is just a straight up asshole. Rhyno is just old school, Bob Hanna style. Hughes is an outstanding citizen of the MX community. He gets mad props from me.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Alessi is under intense pressure from his dad. I don't think he would be such a jerk without his dad around telling him to win at all cost.

I see it everytime I race MX. Last weekend for example, Fat dad is yelling at son (8-10 year old) for not hitting the kid in front of him to pass him. He was dropping f-bombs left and right. The kid was crying.

The same dad was yelling at the older bother (10-12 years old) at an arenacross race I was racing at last winter for not doubling a jump in practice. The kid was crying since the dad was going crazy. First moto the kid went out and did it and crashed resulting in a broken arm. While they were packing up, the kid was crying and telling his dad he knew he couldn't do it. The dad called him a pu$$y. The mom stepped in at this point and told the dad to lay off. She then got slapped. The dad was then ejected from the place. I wanted to see him in cuffs. Anyway, some moto-dads are as bad as soccer or football dads. It is not as frequent, however it does exist.

While Alessi should not have done it, I can see what lead up to it. Mike will get his act together once the KTM people can get him away from daddy.

People thought Hansen was the same way. I have talked with him several times and he is a very nice kid.

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
trialsmasta said:
I don't think Alessi has a temper like Hughes, Alessi is just a straight up asshole. Rhyno is just old school, Bob Hanna style. Hughes is an outstanding citizen of the MX community. He gets mad props from me.
Haha yeah, you've got a couple of valid points there.

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
ChrisKring said:
Alessi is under intense pressure from his dad. I don't think he would be such a jerk without his dad around telling him to win at all cost.

I see it everytime I race MX. Last weekend for example, Fat dad is yelling at son (8-10 year old) for not hitting the kid in front of him to pass him. He was dropping f-bombs left and right. The kid was crying.

The same dad was yelling at the older bother (10-12 years old) at an arenacross race I was racing at last winter for not doubling a jump in practice. The kid was crying since the dad was going crazy. First moto the kid went out and did it and crashed resulting in a broken arm. While they were packing up, the kid was crying and telling his dad he knew he couldn't do it. The dad called him a pu$$y. The mom stepped in at this point and told the dad to lay off. She then got slapped. The dad was then ejected from the place. I wanted to see him in cuffs. Anyway, some moto-dads are as bad as soccer or football dads. It is not as frequent, however it does exist.

While Alessi should not have done it, I can see what lead up to it. Mike will get his act together once the KTM people can get him away from daddy.

People thought Hansen was the same way. I have talked with him several times and he is a very nice kid.
Then Mike shoudl get Tony under control. Bubba and RC both had win at all costs mentallity, but I don't recall Ricky standing on Jeremy's bike in any motos. :cool:

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
James | Go-Ride said:
Then Mike shoudl get Tony under control. Bubba and RC both had win at all costs mentallity, but I don't recall Ricky standing on Jeremy's bike in any motos. :cool:
Uhh, Mike is not 18. There is no controlling Tony. That guy has burnt bridges all over the place for his kids.

With reguards to Bubba or RC, I have see them both take people out intentionally to win. I am not talking about block passing either. I am refering to ramming into someone. Did they stand on MC's wheel? Heck no, they would have got a beat down. Ivan is focused on winning and he wasn't about to risk a championship over that crap.

How about the bubba scrub to RC grind? I am sure that RC enjoyed bubba's footpeg landing on him when bubba was riding out of control. Or how about Bubba running into Kdub at Red Bud this year? I was 100 foot from that crash and it was a takeout no matter what James said. RC used to be like that but he toned it down because he got tired of getting boo'd and he is so fast he doesn't need to ride like an a$$ to win.

But your correct that what Mike did was childish. But that what you get with a 17 year old millionair professional athlete.