Quantcast

MX Lap timers in DH training?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I'm thinking of finding a better way of measuring my time and progress on dh tracks. Bike computers I know of are a bit hard to use when riding and it's hard to get acurate times. Am I an idiot to think of using an MX timer?
If not what options do I have? I know of the DRC Timer (I'm not too sure about their mtb mount) but are there any other companies that do it? Is there any bike equivalent or bike computer that will not be a PITA to measure times? I'd be nice to find something cheaper than DRC because 70+$ for a glorified watch is a bit steep, considering how cheap it would be to do If I wasn't lazy.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Very nice. I like the placement very much. Even easier to use than DRC. Though that start timer on the DRC is nice but not really worth it considering how easy would that huge thing be to smash.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Very nice. I like the placement very much. Even easier to use than DRC. Though that start timer on the DRC is nice but not really worth it considering how easy would that huge thing be to smash.
I scraped mine up pretty badly, and the stopwatch version (that I use) is about the same size as the Velo X. Can still see the #'s, so it's still good - just have to squint a little!:D

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
SportCount Chrono 100 (90000) Price: $39.95 and
SportCount Velo-X (90005) Price: $55.95

The functions are the same. There looks to be a 16.00 charge for the "specially designed band".

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I found DRC Timer on CRC for 27 pounds. Considering it's closer with shipping the prices may be similar (and no customs If I'm unlucky). Hard choice.

The band thing is silly.