Quantcast

My '04 Haro Nyquist R24

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
This bike is teaching me a lot. Mucho fun and way tougher than any mtb.

Upgrades:
Evolver brake
Snafu pegs and tensioners
888 15t freewheel
E-13 36t crown chainwheel and black bash
London-mod and SIS lower cables
Oury grips
Azonic A-frame pedals (my mtb spares)
DMR Moto 2.2 ft tire (not in stock yet)
Halo Twin Rail 2.2 rr tire (not in stock yet)

Weight is 34.5 pounds as pictured.

Sep 17, 2003
that is the direction i am going. i have my p2 rigid and ss....i want a beefy bmx 24" build in the future......me likey the nikeyist!

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
How long have you been running the 888 FW? I have heard hit and miss stuff on it. I have been thinking of getting one.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Originally posted by Salami
How long have you been running the 888 FW? I have heard hit and miss stuff on it. I have been thinking of getting one.
Only had the bike about 6 weeks now. It's supposed to be strong as hell, with the very wide pawls. So far so good anyways...

BoyBoy

Monkey
Apr 17, 2003
washington DC
sweet bike. i don't really get cruisers all that much... but still it's sweet.

if iwas gonna go rigid (like that), i'd just get a BMX.... not trying to diss... just talking. sweet ride.

i'm gonna get a BMX this summer... i can't wait.

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
Originally posted by BoyBoy

if iwas gonna go rigid (like that), i'd just get a BMX.... not trying to diss... just talking. sweet ride.
But a cruiser is a BMX.:confused: Just a BMX for people that are more comfortable on a bigger bike.;)

Power to the BIG people!:devil:

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
sweet bike. i don't really get cruisers all that much... but still it's sweet.

i'm gonna get a BMX this summer... i can't wait.
Yeah, you don't get it. My bike is 100% BMX.

Cuz a 20" and 24" fit exactly the same right? :rolleyes: Maybe a 20" to me feels like a 16" pit bike would feel to you. Why don't guys 5'9" and under ride 16's? They're not man enough? Probably cuz it feels wrong, that's all.

No offence taken. Some people just can't see the big picture. Ride what works for you right? Have fun.

BoyBoy

Monkey
Apr 17, 2003
washington DC
Originally posted by Bulldog
Yeah, you don't get it. My bike is 100% BMX.

Cuz a 20" and 24" fit exactly the same right? :rolleyes: Maybe a 20" to me feels like a 16" pit bike would feel to you. Why don't guys 5'9" and under ride 16's? They're not man enough? Probably cuz it feels wrong, that's all.

No offence taken. Some people just can't see the big picture. Ride what works for you right? Have fun.
i've got no problem seeing the big picture.

jeez. sorry dude.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
i've got no problem seeing the big picture.

jeez. sorry dude.
LOL yeah.

Like I said in my first reply, no offence taken. Everyone sees things differently.

Bulldog said:
Only had the bike about 6 weeks now. It's supposed to be strong as hell, with the very wide pawls. So far so good anyways...
I run an AC888 on my 20" Group1 SX Comp XL and my 24" Group1 SX24. So far this race season it has been a strong, quiet FW. Broke two Claws ACS and a Shimano. I guess the couple dollars extra is worth it.

Senator

Chimp
Jul 29, 2004
Bulldog? Toni you need to get off the Internet and ride. 3000+ posts holy ****. when you want to ride call larry.......

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
dude sweet bike. im gettin a used cruiser off a buddy in a few days. hiow does it feel in comparison to your mtb? was it tough getting used to? also, do you need the e.13 chainring to run the bashgaurd?

dromond

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Northampton, MA
mcA896 said:
dude sweet bike. im gettin a used cruiser off a buddy in a few days. hiow does it feel in comparison to your mtb? was it tough getting used to? also, do you need the e.13 chainring to run the bashgaurd?
Sorta curious about this myself...

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
no, you dont need that chain wheel.

just get a Bmx chain wheel that has holes that are 110 bcd, and the E13 should fit right on.

unless im missing something...

Apr 1, 2002
NY
monkeyboy424 said:
no, you dont need that chain wheel.

just get a Bmx chain wheel that has holes that are 110 bcd, and the E13 should fit right on.

unless im missing something...
--------i had one, profile spider, azonic ring, e13, bolted rite up. i miss that bike.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Senator said:
Bulldog? Toni you need to get off the Internet and ride. 3000+ posts holy ****. when you want to ride call larry.......

LMAO!

(after I recovered) Hey now, I just saw Tony on his bike yesterday (the bike from this post actually, huh).

:p

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
mcA896 said:
MaD666MaX said:
hey im gettin one of those! can you tell me how it feels? is it maneuvrable and a good stock bike?? thx!
I'm liking the bike more and more. Originally I thought it would only be my winter bike, for skate park riding. I was sure I'd hit dirt jumps on my FS mtb. No longer though! I'm definately still a beginner both at the park and the DJ's, but I'm WAY more confident on the cruiser than the mtb now. The smaller size and full rigid and SS leaves much less guesswork when hitting stuff. No chain to throw, no suspension to preload or to buck you. The cruiser hits it the same every time. That and it's fairly safe to bail and throw your bike, no $200 brakesets or $500 forks or $2000 Al frames to worry about. I haven't ridden as much as I could have this summer (shutup Jon and Larry) but I've ridden the cruiser the most and have pretty much abandoned my $$$$$ mtb.

As for this bike and cruisers in general, I think they are great for mtb guys wanting to ride bmx. This one in particular too, especially if you're into street/park riding and pegs. Not too many 14mm ft/rr cruisers out there built for abuse, especially at this price. There are guys my size (6'1", 225) that can ride 20's, but I just feel like a guerilla on a kids bike. A 20 is just such a change from a big mtb. Most of riding well and pushing yourself and progressing is being comfortable. It was a good choice for me and I don't regret it at all. I'm glad I'm immune to peer pressure, right Jon! ;)