Quantcast

my 06 bighit

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
sweet... the 06's are pretty cool... better than the ones w/ those hideous flames... what length shock are you running?

also, what is the total stack height in between your fork crowns? I see you've to a sh!t load of stanchion sticking out of the top...

01yz125

Chimp
Jun 21, 2006
the fork came with drop crowns, i dunno about the hight
and the shock is an 8.25 by 2.8..i think

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Hey - nice ride!

There was a guy racing semi-pro at the U.S. Open riding one of those and killing it... I was considering getting an 06' Big Hit myself before I got the new frame I have now.

I'm guessing your build is around 40 to 41 lbs. I am right?:)

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
frznnomad said:
well atleast it doesnt have a 24" rear wheel anymore.:rolleyes:
No doubt, the 24" rear wheel ruined that bike

But what is your gripe with Specialized? I've noticed it in a couple threads. Did Mike Sinyard sodomize your dog?:confused:

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
i still dont get why boxxer's came with drop crowns stock.. they dont fit a majority of the bikes out.. other than that the bike looks pimp

SPrider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
S.K.C. said:
Hey - nice ride!

There was a guy racing semi-pro at the U.S. Open riding one of those and killing it... I was considering getting an 06' Big Hit myself before I got the new frame I have now.

I'm guessing your build is around 40 to 41 lbs. I am right?:)
ya that was me at the open riding the 06 Big Hit, the bike is awesome, nice and nimble, strong, fsr works great, more linear than demo so better over bumbs, good under braking cause of squating, 1lb. lighter than the demo 8, option to run an air shock, great geo, mine is built up to 38.07lbs for dh riding, ended up 19th of 60 in Pro for the final at the US Open, and about 155 riders tried to qualify, so pretty stoked on the bike. SP

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
just not a fan of them man. i never really have liked them and i dont really plan on it. i mean i respect them for all that they have done for the sport i just dont like them. all the times that i have had dealings with there cs i just havent liked the way that they dealt with there customers and if when i buy a bike i want to trust the company that i buy from and well i honestly dont trust them. great bikes, great talent, but in my opinion crappy pr i guess you could call it.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The bad customer service was probably on your shop's end. Lifetime warranty is awesome. I've had the craziest sh!t warrantied by them; they will help you out in that respect.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
no it honestly wasnt the shops fault. i have had enough bad experiances and seen to many reps that come in acting all high and mighty and honestly i dont like it or them so i made the decision to not support them and feel that there are better bike designs and better companies out there than specialized.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
SPrider said:
ya that was me at the open riding the 06 Big Hit, the bike is awesome, nice and nimble, strong, fsr works great, more linear than demo so better over bumbs, good under braking cause of squating, 1lb. lighter than the demo 8, option to run an air shock, great geo, mine is built up to 38.07lbs for dh riding, ended up 19th of 60 in Pro for the final at the US Open, and about 155 riders tried to qualify, so pretty stoked on the bike. SP
sweet. what parts did you change out to git it that light? i just ordered mine and want to build it down some.what model is yours? i got the FSR 3.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I ran into SPrider in the parking lot outside our hotel at the U.S. Open and talked a bit about his bike.

Going from memory and judging by the picture he is running the following to save weight:

Shimano XT Hollow Tech cranks
Gamut P-40 Chain Guide
Fox 40RC2
... and a Ti spring?... can't remember exactly.

I don't mean to speak on his behalf, but I don't think he posts here that much, so I thought I'd lend a hand.:)

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
S.K.C. said:
I ran into SPrider in the parking lot outside our hotel at the U.S. Open and talked a bit about his bike.

Going from memory and judging by the picture he is running the following to save weight:

Shimano XT Hollow Tech cranks
Gamut P-40 Chain Guide
Fox 40RC2
... and a Ti spring?... can't remember exactly.

I don't mean to speak on his behalf, but I don't think he posts here that much, so I thought I'd lend a hand.:)
ok. cool, thanks.

SPrider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
woa, i am turnin into a rm junky, 2 posts on the same thread, anyway i am sponsored by specialized, so i got the frame by it self and built it up with my own parts, i dont think they sell the frame by it self. i have a bighit III, 40 rc2, king headset, ea70bars, magura louise fr brakes, thomson stem and seatpost, wtb ti rails seat, dhx with no ti spring, xt cranks, gamut p-40, mallet m's, dual duty rims, double butted spokes, dt hubs, x.9shifter and derr, 12-26 cass, specialized chunder 2.5 dualply 40/42 tires, thanks S.K.C. for fillen people in. the bike is really cheap and has the ability to ride with the best of them, i choose it over the demo 8, but its all preference, i am more of a racer than a freerider, SP