Quantcast

my 09 Mob w/ rigid

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I got the rigid fork last week.
Then got a great deal on a barely used 2009 Mob in 22".

The rest of my parts are all moved over from my Eastern.

2009 Black Market Mob. 22"
2009 Black Market rigid fork
Demolition cranks/Ti spindle with Eastern Medusa lite 28T.
Ugly Spec mag pedals, but they are light with a big axle.
Hadley single w/13T rear / Hope front (modded for 9mm Hadley thru-bolt) on RhynoXLs with DT db spokes.
K-rad 1.9 rear / SM8 2.1 front
Macneil pivotal set-up
Avid/ Paul brake
ProTapers on a Thomson stem, but I can flex the bars easily and may switch to steel bars from NS or Solid soon.

The rigid fork is taking some getting used to... my pull/pop is still off time, but I'm getting the hang of it. I love the feeling of rigid.

I don't know the weight, but it's the lightest DJ bike I've ridden.

Last edited:

-.---.-

Chimp
Oct 31, 2008
Looks great! Only thing that kind of lets it down is the grayish rear brake. A bright shining metal brake would cheer the whole thing up... but still. Awesome ride!

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Looks great! Only thing that kind of lets it down is the grayish rear brake. A bright shining metal brake would cheer the whole thing up... but still. Awesome ride!
It's always raining in Rob's mind.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Love the fork.
Since I got it, my dig to ride ratio is probably 4:1, but in spite of not getting enough riding time in, the bike jumps way more predictably. It pops smoother and is more evenly balanced. I've done a few nose cases and survived. At this point, I don't miss the Argyle at all.

mattf

Chimp
Sep 5, 2007
Tokyo
Bike looks perfect. How do you like the Love Levers matched to the Avids? I am in the middle of a rebuild and have considered this combo since I already have the Pauls.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
i have the shorty love lever. i like it so far. It is comfortable on my index finger (i one finger brake only).

I was using an avid v brake on my last bike and bought the lever to use with that set-up. I would prefer to have a v brake on this bike too for weight and anti-skid reasons. I don't see why anyone needs the power of a disc for dirt jumping. Maybe for Crankworx, but that's not me.
However, I bought the frame used and would have had to instead shell out some extra $ for a custom Mob to get V mounts.

The avid mech disc with a 5" rotor works good enough at the jumps. The lever looks trick, is very light and seems smooth and sturdy enough. Vs and Avid mech discs use the same pull ratio, so the lever pulls correctly. Hopefully the 5" rotor won't get tweaked in crashes or at the skatepark.

If I bail large and break the Paul lever, I will be unhappy at $50.

-rob