Quantcast

my 1st US trip at end of Jan 05

ckooi

Monkey
Aug 19, 2002
Penang, Malaysia
hi guys,
i will travel with my wife, she will be on business trip for first week then have holiday on the second week at US.

just need some advice on where to go, what to check out, also bike shops and parks that i can go but can't ride coz i m not bringing my v10 over. meaby will ask if there is a bike for rent to check the trails.

i will be going to oregon on jan15, spent 4 days there. then to sacramento 3days, then San Frans for 2nights. will drive down to LA via the coastal route, meaby will need to spent one night on the way to LA at highway motel.
then to Vegas and San Diego.

any trabvelling or MTBing tips would be very much appreciated.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
Go to Bootleg Canyon while you are in Vegas. I went in November and had a blast. It is in Boulder City which is right out side of Vegas.

Softy

Monkey
Apr 22, 2003
Don't call it a come back
Santa Cruz , Big Sur , San Louis Obispo , Downieville ,Ojai , Santa Monica , Laguna Beach , Alpine. Thats North to South Cali, from Frisco to Diego , some of the good towns to ride near.

Do you fit a large frame ? If so maybe you could ride my spare in Socal.

ckooi

Monkey
Aug 19, 2002
Penang, Malaysia
thanks for the info guys! i will b renting a car from San Frans to LA. Should be able to check out those mentioned places :)

Softy & ORVEN,
I am stoked that you guys offering me to ride together. I will be at LA/SD on 28Jan-31Jan before departing back home @ LAX. I will be staying @ Penny Sleeper Inn, Anaheim.

So if time (28-31jan) allows i would really love to ride/race @ socal. So how can i contact you guys? And appreciate if you can include a map to the trials. check ya PM!

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
BTW< not all americans are burnt out hippies, there are many normal people east of the fault line. ;) :p

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
ckooi - when in SF area, practice saying "hella this" and "hella that." It's like aloha in Hawaii or something. Then quickly twist your tongue when you get to Socal and start sharpening your "dude, brah..." stuff.

anyways, PM me if you ever make it to SD or Fontana that weekend you're in the warmer half of Califor-n-i-a!

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Hey Hillsboro ,thats not to far ,I have an older canonndale '98 super v700 w the moto 120 baby ,and hayes disc brakes front and rear hadley hubs ,and some good trails here in Oregon ,may be we can do a ride