Quantcast

My 2 cents about Wintergreen

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Snowshoe Rocks this year!!!!! you guys should reallly check it out.....

sorry to hear you had a bad time, we tried warning everyone..... come ride snowshoe!!!

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
the only things i can say is this. wintergreen YOU BLEW IT. you had something sweet that would only have gotten sweeter. maybe next time you'll listen and not think your so cool. LONG LIVE SNOWSHOE!!!! why don't you come to snowshoe this weekend,and see how a real program is run. you know for riders by riders!!!! i think it just might work

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
banche said:
the only things i can say is this. wintergreen YOU BLEW IT. you had something sweet that would only have gotten sweeter. maybe next time you'll listen and not think your so cool. LONG LIVE SNOWSHOE!!!! why don't you come to snowshoe this weekend,and see how a real program is run. you know for riders by riders!!!! i think it just might work

Unless you're participating/spectating the NORBA, this weekend may not be the best to observe the bike program. The mountain will be taken over by NORBA and the freeride trails will be closed until sunday. This is not saying it won't be a great time, it's just not normal operation for them.

Mike

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
It's a shame about Wintergreen. It was a fun place to ride and close to Richmond.

Snowshoe is (and has been) great for riding. But I hate losing even one place to ride. Even the guys running Snowshoe are disappointed. They believe lot's of places to ride can only be good for the sport.

Mike

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
The problem for those like 2piece, myself and other NC residents is wintergreen used to be a day trip for us...3.5 hours each way. As much as I would love to hit Snowshoe every weekend, 6 hours each way is pretty much out of the question for a day trip - not to mention still a bit of a drive for a quick weekend.
This being the case, you can imagine my severe irritation with the loss of my closest lift assisted riding spot due to a someones of greed and shortsightedness.....

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Snowshow was real close to Richmond and was a lot easier to reach for a lot of us.

Yeah they blew it big time. I should have known when they were working on the trails last year and covered up the waterbars which a lot of people cased because it was not roped off or were warned about it.

Wintergreen just plain sucks. Kinda hard to believe that one year it rocked, next year it really blows......