Quantcast

My 2 rides in Northern California May ‘06

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
Rode China Camp (SF Bay area) for the first time last week.
I could tell this are is used quite a bit because of the trail work and the tread marks.
Fortunately I rode on a Friday morning, and only saw one other rider, two hikers, and six deer. The trail is not technical at all, mostly smooth and shaded single-track in a beautiful costal oak and pine forest. 11-mile loop.

One of the many stout bridges

mushrooms growing

Looking down to the bay

Deer right next to the trail was unconcerned about me

Rode Humboldt for the third time, it’s so nice there, not many people, not many problems,
not many times that there was sunshine like I had this time.

Cool morning and the sun started coming out so I lost the arm warmers

Lots of moss covered bridges, some were slippery

Typical ferns growing along the trail

Much greenery, much pines

Lot’s of little flowers all along the trail edge

That's it for now!
:)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Riding=good. I came around the corner this morning and a giant deer scared the sh!t outta me. I almost screamed!

ps - stay away from the mushroom :)

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Heidi said:
Riding=good. I came around the corner this morning and a giant deer scared the sh!t outta me. I almost screamed!
That never fails to freak me out, specially while hauling around a blind corner on a road. :dead:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
thanks for the pics and report:thumb:

Yep deer are funny creatures. Sometimes when we are riding they are super scared of us and other times they have been as close as 6-7ft away, and sniffing at us, like they want a bite of a Clifbar or some water from the Camelback!

Manhattanprjkt and I were working on trails last week, when it started to downpour. We stuck it out, and after 4 or 5 minutes it eased up and as it did I heard something move behind us, and as we turned around, I was startled to see a fawn jump up and out of a small clump of ferns about 15 feet from us. The thing was bedded down there the whole time we were working, probably close to a half an hour.