Quantcast

My 2004 Iron Horse Hollowpoint Arrived today!!!(pics)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
jollytime said:
Good on you Mark! And me oh my, the guy that originally installed teh bb used Bullshot grease! That is one quality individual!

Happy bike building.

BTW - I have a Vanilla RLC and it is way cool. It is black too. Bet you are drooling! It is going to look sweet on my orange Instigator! When you get yours, maybe we can be fork buddies.

ouch!
JT - I knew you'd notice the Bullshot grease! You still have some of that stuff??

http://www.mdt-products.com/products/184_bullshot/bullshot.html

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
MMcG said:
Thanks!

Eventually I want to get a Fox Vanilla RLC for the front end but for the time being it'll be sporting a 2002 Psylo.
Get the TALAS instead...you'll find it just as plush, a ton more adjustable, with the awesome adjustable ride height. Spring vs. air arguments are mostly holdovers from 1999, esp. with the Fox forks.

Congrats on finally getting what you wanted. What are you going to post about now?? I rode BMXman's on Sat. and it's a great ride...enjoy.

MD

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
jollytime said:
When you get yours, maybe we can be fork buddies.

ouch!

Uhhh your scaring me here dude....

MMcG said:
Well Babs - I really do want to get a Vanilla fork for it.

Then...........well then I'd like to replace my Nail Trail frame with a steel hardtail frame........but that'll be a while, before I can do that methinks.
Congrats on the new frame. I think Iron Horse is doing some cool stuff. The Hollowpoint is a very versatile frame. I am wondering why you wouldn't consider a Talas instead of the Vanilla? Seems like variable travel fork would suit that type of frame very well.....jdcamb

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
MMcG said:
Mike D and Jdcamb,

I am considering a Talas - but it is significantly more expensive than the Vanilla - I've also been considering a Float 130.
The adjustbility could be a nice bonus - maybe I should also throw a Reba into the mix as well then.