Quantcast

My .243

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I guess i still dont get the triple clamp on a hardtail, with the current crop of decent long travel single crowns I would most likely opt that way. .243's are nice frames though...

J

JRB

golgiaparatus said:
That frame... that fork... WTF.

Do you just nose case all the time and this is the solution?

Ahem - his bike. Leave him alone and get well so you can ride yours and quit griping. ;)

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
loco-gringo said:
Ahem - his bike. Leave him alone and get well so you can ride yours and quit griping. ;)
Oh dont get me wrong, I have been inspired...
as soon as I get home Im putting a rigid fork on my AC and setting the rear travel at 6".

As for the get well thing... why it gots ta take so fahrking long, its 80 degrees here today... 80!!!!!!!!!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I like it. I am itching to put a dc form on my evil....but it will never happen.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Looks good. I had soo much fun on my Tankass when I ran a Monster T on it. It rode great, the short wheelbase kept the handleing good, and it did inspire me to push things a little.

But... It did make it less versatile. Too much fork to play on the jumps and street. Now I'm back to a Shiver SC, and still hit all the stuff I did with the Monster.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I guess i still dont get the triple clamp on a hardtail, with the current crop of decent long travel single crowns I would most likely opt that way. .243's are nice frames though...
it must serve a purpose 'cause i got smoked by a kid on a p2 with a monster last weekend at sugar mtn. i was on a p2 with a '00 z1. apparently it was much easier for him with all that plushness.....i was wishing i had one too.

stinky|Dan

Monkey
Aug 3, 2002
yaha! Nice bike.

Similar setup to mine except for the hydros and the dc fork. I run a 5inch z1 and hayes mechs. I love my .243 but it needs more travel at the front to go faster on the DH stuff.